No longer working with Zoom???

glnieb

Please help - I've been successfully using OBS Studio with Zoom for several months now. I use v4l2loopback to create a virtual camera and use the output as my zoom source and it worked great. Unfortunately, this week when I tried to host a Zoom meeting this way it didn't work. The virtual camera doesn't show up as an option in Zoom and to make matters worse, zoom even refuses to display any of the listed physical cameras. I did some testing and found that if OBS studio is running, even without a virtual camera output started, Zoom won't allow selection of any cameras. When I run Zoom alone, it works fine. My system specs are:
Linux Mint - kernel 5.4.0-53 (also tested with 5.4.0-52)
OBS Studio 25.0.3-dfsg1-2 (64 bit)
Zoom client 5.4.53391.1108 (also tested with prior version - not sure the ID)

Ironically, I found the same behavior on an older Linux machine that has not recently been updated and on a Windows 10 machine.

glnieb

I have a zoom pro account and have a help ticket in with them. It's been escalated to 2nd level support, but no response in the last 3 days. Very frustrating.

Anaru

Most definitely a problem with Zoom. You can work-around by using OBS studio to create a Virtual Camera and then using a web-browser such as Chromium or Chrome to log into a Zoom Meeting. Joining a Zoom meeting through a web-browser will still see your OBS Virtual Camera. It is not a great work-around but it is a work-around.

goulart

I have a zoom pro account and have a help ticket in with them. It's been escalated to 2nd level support, but no response in the last 3 days. Very frustrating.
Could you please update this thread if you have a feed from zoom? Thanks.

goulart

Hello, guys.

Problem solved!!!!!! The problem was in v4l2loopback. All you need to do is make sure that you're using the 0.12.3-1ubuntu0.2 version.
After the upgrade, zoom got back to work with obs.

Anaru

Hooray - I can confirm that v4l2loopback version 0.12.3-1ubuntu0.2. Is a fix on my system also. Probably obvious but don't forget to reboot after upgrading.