Question / Help No audio output devices appear on my source

davidordinas

Hi. I'm new to all this, After hundreds of tutorials there is no way to get an audio output running. I have downloaded IshowU, created the multi-audio, and When I open OBS and add a new output source, on devices nothing appears!!! PLEASE HELP

unknowndomain

You need to provide more information about your setup and where it is going wrong, it sounds like perhaps you are trying to capture your system audio?

1. What are the video and audio signals.
2. What steps have you tried to get audio output?
3. Where are you stuck?
4. How do you know there is no sound, is this in the output monitor, live stream, recording, all three?

Without more substantive information about what you've done no one can answer this question.

davidordinas

Hello. First of all many many thanks for reponding, I'm getting very frustrated, hehehe. I'm attaching some pictures. It seems like the program is not able to detect any kind of output source ... at all.

I'm a musician and I wnat to do live concerts. For the audio I've tried with my audio interface (audient iD14) with the IrigPRE and none of them were detected, as an output by the program.

For the routing I have tried with Blackhole and with IshowU (multi-audio, change the system, and following the many tutorials online) but still... the program necer detects anything on the output source.

The desktop audio is disabled with no other option available...

I have tried everything and no result.

I'm able to hear myself through the monitoring but it has a looooot of latency and with the sync and never able to find a confortable setup to pley music.

Many thanks again and if you need enything else i'll be glad to provide the info.
David

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.46.14.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.46.14.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 3,456
  • Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.46.24.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 11.46.24.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 3,364

unknowndomain

Do these device audio interfaces show up in System Preferences, QuickTime, Audacity or any other audio software at all?

unknowndomain

I am not sure I can help you any further then. I'd suggest uploading your current log file here and seeing if someone with a deeper understanding of the internals can help you.

davidordinas

Add an audio input, not an output.

I do. I have an input which works perfectly but then I cannot hear how it sounds, and the monitoring has so much latency.

Have a Macbook Pro (2012) running Catalina.

Many Many Thanks

Kontagious

hey i have been trying to record the computers audio with no such luck. i have created audio input captures and i have ishowu installed and multi output device set. i can even see the meters working when im recording but i don't hear the audio when playing back. Any help would be great. next im gonna try opening project in another app.

davidordinas

Try on the Advanced Audio settings (right click on meters) and turn monitoring ON.

I cant even get and output device set... hehehe

Narcogen

I do. I have an input which works perfectly but then I cannot hear how it sounds, and the monitoring has so much latency.

Have a Macbook Pro (2012) running Catalina.

Many Many Thanks

There's no zero latency monitoring of audio once it's gone into OBS.

If you want zero latency monitoring, make an aggregate output device in Audio MIDI setup and include 1) the hardware interface you want to monitor on, and 2) the virtual device you've created for OBS to capture from, however that is being done (iShowU, SoundFlower, LoopBack, whatever).

grooveboy_jazz

There's no zero latency monitoring of audio once it's gone into OBS.

If you want zero latency monitoring, make an aggregate output device in Audio MIDI setup and include 1) the hardware interface you want to monitor on, and 2) the virtual device you've created for OBS to capture from, however that is being done (iShowU, SoundFlower, LoopBack, whatever).

Hi Narcogen

I am having a similar issue with OBS, an external USB audio interface (RME Fireface UFX) and Soundflower.
I can get all of my audio into OBS, and am now able to see it all on the mixer meters (in OBS), but I'd like to be able to play along and the latency makes it impossible.
I've had a look at creating an aggregate device in Audio MIDI setup, but can't figure out how these works in terms of monitoring yet... Are you able to elaborate?

I've created an aggregate device, and ticked both the Soundflower 2CH and RME Fireface UFX

I've got any audio going into Logic Pro (which is what I'm using for my audio) going into the Fireface, but outputting to Soundflower, so that it can be heard by OBS.

How do I use the "aggregate device" to monitor? What program should I be using to do the audio monitoring?
Sorry - this part of OBS has made me feel really stupid (haha) as I've never dealt with it before, but I've been running my own studio for a very long time. I'm just missing this step!

Thanks for any help that you may be able to give!

Jeremy

grooveboy_jazz

Hi guys
I did some experimenting with an Aggregate Device as suggested, but couldn't figure it out well enough by my livestream yesterday.

However - I figured out a great solution for my needs... Thought I'd list it here in case anyone needs assistance getting sound from their DAW (say Logic Pro) into OBS, but still wants to be able to play along/monitor with zero latency

There is a free app (available in the Mac App store) called LadioCast. This is a virtual mixer that allows you to pipe audio from a physical device to other outputs.
In this situation, I'm using my RME Fireface UFX in LogicPro as my input and output device.

In LadioCast in "Input 1" I have set channel 1 and 2 of the RME UFX (the main outputs)
In the "Main Output" I have Soundflower set.

Then in OBS I have my Audio Input Capture device set to Soundflower.

That way I get all of my audio into OBS, and can see the levels on the meter. I can monitor this in OBS if I want (at least to hear it - it's gonna have latency), but I don't bother with that - I just monitor out of Logic Pro as I would in a normal situation.

I used this setup on my Facebook Live stream last night and streamed for 1.5 hours and it looked and sounded great!
Next time - I'll make sure to ask the wife to stay off Netflix during the livestream, as I had a couple of broadcast interruptions when I saw the bitrate get really low.

I hope that this helps someone!
It took some figuring out, and I am so glad that I persevered!

grooveboy_jazz

Hey guys - I forgot to mention one key thing in my setup, that I didn't realise was having such an impact.
As I'm using the RME Fireface UFX, it has a "Loopback" option included that allows me to virtually loop all audio going out of the main outputs back into channel 1 and 2.
I have to have this enabled to get audio into Ladiocast and then Soundflower...

So your setup may differ as I needed to find a way to get everything to go back into my audio interface through channel 1 and 2.

efefefef

Hi guys
I did some experimenting with an Aggregate Device as suggested, but couldn't figure it out well enough by my livestream yesterday.

However - I figured out a great solution for my needs... Thought I'd list it here in case anyone needs assistance getting sound from their DAW (say Logic Pro) into OBS, but still wants to be able to play along/monitor with zero latency

There is a free app (available in the Mac App store) called LadioCast. This is a virtual mixer that allows you to pipe audio from a physical device to other outputs.
In this situation, I'm using my RME Fireface UFX in LogicPro as my input and output device.

In LadioCast in "Input 1" I have set channel 1 and 2 of the RME UFX (the main outputs)
In the "Main Output" I have Soundflower set.

Then in OBS I have my Audio Input Capture device set to Soundflower.

That way I get all of my audio into OBS, and can see the levels on the meter. I can monitor this in OBS if I want (at least to hear it - it's gonna have latency), but I don't bother with that - I just monitor out of Logic Pro as I would in a normal situation.

I used this setup on my Facebook Live stream last night and streamed for 1.5 hours and it looked and sounded great!
Next time - I'll make sure to ask the wife to stay off Netflix during the livestream, as I had a couple of broadcast interruptions when I saw the bitrate get really low.

I hope that this helps someone!
It took some figuring out, and I am so glad that I persevered!
THIS HELPED ME!!!! THANKS!

Allanhmelo

Hello. First of all many many thanks for reponding, I'm getting very frustrated, hehehe. I'm attaching some pictures. It seems like the program is not able to detect any kind of output source ... at all.

I'm a musician and I wnat to do live concerts. For the audio I've tried with my audio interface (audient iD14) with the IrigPRE and none of them were detected, as an output by the program.

For the routing I have tried with Blackhole and with IshowU (multi-audio, change the system, and following the many tutorials online) but still... the program necer detects anything on the output source.

I'm able to hear myself through the monitoring but it has a looooot of latency and with the sync and never able to find a confortable setup to pley music.

Many thanks again and if you need enything else i'll be glad to provide the info.
David

David
Hi David, I have exactly the same problem. Did you find the solution?