Question / Help No Audio from Media Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

ot4ku

Any update on the progress on this issue? I tried now since almost 2 hours to get this to work, thinking its a problem with my OBS setup or sound-card. I was trying to figure out what I did wrong but now after finding this thread it seems just not possible with OBS.

Does anyone have a workaround on this? Not to hear the sound of the video that I am playing on stream is just "unpractical". Without this I cant play any media on the stream. On the old OBS this worked, I had a plugin for video playback, are the old downloads still around?
Is there maybe a similar solution for OBS studio with a plugin? Its almost midnight, i wasted enough time on this today.

*EDIT* found a workaround with "Window Capture" for the video, works for now, but really more a emergency solution, makes a lot of new problems.

Last edited:

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Any update on the progress on this issue? I tried now since almost 2 hours to get this to work, thinking its a problem with my OBS setup or sound-card. I was trying to figure out what I did wrong but now after finding this thread it seems just not possible with OBS.

Does anyone have a workaround on this? Not to hear the sound of the video that I am playing on stream is just "unpractical". Without this I cant play any media on the stream. On the old OBS this worked, I had a plugin for video playback, are the old downloads still around?
Is there maybe a similar solution for OBS studio with a plugin? Its almost midnight, i wasted enough time on this today.

*EDIT* found a workaround with "Window Capture" for the video, works for now, but really more a emergency solution, makes a lot of new problems.
@ot4ku
To get OBS Classic, click the "Download" link above, then scroll down. Jim has already spoken on this issue. In short, it's on his radar, but it is not a simple fix.

The Bearded GOD

I've just stumbled across this problem also, first time using a media source. Would be really good to listen to that file whilst its playing. Also have that option to pause, skip back etc. :)

DarK600

I hope for a quick implementation of the possibility to listen to the sound in the media source. I love finally Stream switches to a scene where a music video was prepared to listen to the people and so relaxed. And it turns out that I look like, and the clip, but I sit like a fool, and only see the video, and music video is all the same set of video and audio.

I wish you good luck in the realization of this possibility.

EBrito

As a workaround, use VoiceMeeter Banana.
Control all audio with it and send it as a "mic" to OBS.
There are a lot of videos out ther tou learn how to configure it.

onscreen

Just to add a lot of people don't realise that it actually plays the audio to your stream, you just can't hear it yourself so you look like an idiot.

DarK600

Just to add a lot of people don't realise that it actually plays the audio to your stream, you just can't hear it yourself so you look like an idiot.

Looks like the translator has translated is not entirely correct. I know that the sound goes directly to the stream and people hear everything. But then when I is not hear anything = (I have to include a stream to hear the sound, but then the sound will be split.

It would be desirable to be able to in OBS Classic, specify where to let the sound directly into the stream or through the sound card.

WurmD

Hi guys.

If ur media source doesn't have an alpha channel (not tried with alpha, maybe can works...), You can do an HTML with that media file (using the video div and autoplay) and then add this to OBS like browser plugin (local file), I did this for some videos with audio and works :D

HTML (example):
HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<video autoplay>
  <source src="UR_MEDIA_SOURCE.mp4">
</video>

</body>
</html>
OBS Studio does not have a "browser plugin" to add :|, what's the equivalent? (IS there an equivalent :| ?)

Last edited:

Wob

Thank you. I use projector mode for local spectators at our event.Venue gets awkwardly quiet when running commercials :P

Wob

I just want to add one more comment to this. If audio can go out to desktop only that would be perfect.

All my audio goes out to an audio mixer, then the audio mixer goes in to the streaming computer (usb).

So any audio that's coming from the streaming computer gets looped through the external mixer. (I mute desktop audio in OBS, OBS only sends out the usb mixer)

Bgraves44

A pretty effective workaround I've used is to load your video(s) and other media sources into Vegas (or other vid editor) in the timeline and use a cropped display capture of the Video Monitor to get the video. The audio goes out through whatever source you want to use and is realtime monitorable... It's a couple clicks per transition (double click the clip in Vegas then jump up and switch scene) but it's quite workable.

Will be glad for the update! Great program. Just started using it and I love it!!

TheVoicz

That is simply unrealistic. How do you want to HIRE people for FREE? We have a few moderators, including myself that "work" for free for OBS, but you need to tell us on which tree those free programming guys grow.

Yea it's called volunteering.

What's with all these nonsensical mods commenting being obscenely rude replies lately? I'm proud to donate over $100+ & support this over XTrash anyday, but the community of most of the mods/admins have been more negative lately than anything on these boards.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Pretty rude rebuttal.
I disagree, I thought it was a pretty level-headed response. He was responding to the assertion that OBS is "useless" without audio monitoring, as in it has absolutely no use. This is objectively not true, as many people use it every day successfully for everything they need. However, if you have a workflow where audio monitoring for media sources is mission-critical, I can understand why OBS would be a non-starter for you. But it's important to recognize the difference between "OBS is useless" and "OBS is useless for my purposes". The former is false, the latter may very well be true. Asserting the former is pretty insulting, though, so it's no surprise if the reply isn't exactly cordial.

Regardless, audio monitoring is coming in the next release, so there isn't any point to discussing it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.