Question / Help No Audio from Media Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

You're not supposed to get audio from the media source, any audio will only be heard in the recording.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
To be more specific, the media source does not yet output audio to the desktop. That is something that needs to be fixed on it.

Swizzle

Ahh, ok. So I can stream and play a media source file and the viewers will be able to hear it, while I will not?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
We will be adding source audio monitoring at some point to allow users to be able to play their audio to desktop instead or just monitor audio from a source.

It's kind of a big feature though so I'm estimating it's delayed for approximately 2 or more patches.

seanfreeman

We will be adding source audio monitoring at some point to allow users to be able to play their audio to desktop instead or just monitor audio from a source.

It's kind of a big feature though so I'm estimating it's delayed for approximately 2 or more patches.

Hi Jim

any progress on this issue? OBS is great. But I really need to listen to the soundtrack of the video and be able to control it like pause and play so I can make my recoding better. Any ETA for this issue?

NikonPunch

Not to revive an old thread but this is the only thing keeping me from switching to MP. If anyone knows a work around of third party plug-in for videos where I can hear them let me know :)

Xorath

I see...I never got this question answered but I figured as much, I would love to have this feature soon...but as everyone else, we'll just have to wait when it's ready. :)

I also do like monitoring my sound in real time, especially when you have other sources that overlap, and want to audio balance in real time accordingly.

So far OBS Multiplatform is FANTASTIC, but as any other app...there's always room for improvement & for new features to be added.

miggytron

An additional bug, when playing Quicktime videos using the animation codec (thus far the only way I know of to have transparency on video) the audio will cut out or glitch. This is consistent and happens to videos that play back just fine on regular OBS

Grogy

some new information on this issue?
you guys saying, the sound cant be heared on desktop, but in the stream, right? i tried to simulate it by recording (not streaming), but i cant hear any sound. is that normal?

Lilrex

any news on this? not being able to hear the media source makes it hard to properly queue the transition

Jtrummp

Hey Osiris, my issue is the same, only different. The audio from my 'Media Source' will not play while it is streaming. My webcam audio is fine. Now, here's the strange part...I tested the software on another laptop, and both my webcam and the media source audio works perfectly. I compared the audio settings on each computer and everything matches. So it seems logical that it would be a computer issue, but what setting on the 'bad' computer might have to be adjusted?

BillieJackFu

This is the only feature keeping me from switching to OBS Studio from OBS. Considering it has been a year, you'd think there would be some progress on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.