Question / Help No Audio coming from Avermedia Live Gamer HD C928

Krikey

Okay so I decided to go and download OBS MP 0.13.0 to see what's new with it and decided I wanted to stream with it as it works perfectly fine than before even with the new studio mode which I love. Now for my capture card the audio that is taken directly from my capture card shows up in the mixer section but when streaming or recording only my desktop audio and mic audio are heard. For me this is a HUGE annoyance and wonder if there is any fix for this issue as I want to continue using OBS MP 0.13.0 any help will be appreciated thank you. :)

MicksysPCGaming

Hi Krikey,

I'm pretty sure I'm having the same issue after switching to OBSMP.

I have my video and audio sent via HDMI to a 2nd PC to encode to twitch.

On the old OBS it output audio to the stream and to my desktop, so I could listen to it via headphones attached to my 2nd PC. I could also listen to music/videos on the 2nd PC and not have it streamed.

With OBSMP the only way I have found to be able to listen to the game audio and have it streamed at the same time is as follows:
- Set the Avermedia card to output audio to desktop (in wave mode for less lag)
- Set desktop audio as an audio source in the settings>audio dialogue.

The issue with this is, if I open YouTube, or my computer makes a desktop noise (eg the adjusting system volume DING! for example) it is included in the stream.

I believe it is being worked on to allow audio from capture cards to be sent to stream AND desktop simultaneously, but I don't believe it is a priority.

By default (and design I think) audio from a capture card cannot be heard on the desktop where OBS MP is running. If you can see a level in the mixer for the capture card then you know audio is coming in from the device. In this configuration audio from the capture card should be in your stream or in a recording or both so long as you haven't misconfigured multiple audio tracks.

If you playback a recording and there is no game audio then this may be because you are using Windows Media player or something else that ships with Windows. Try VLC instead as it supports the audio format that OBS uses.

To make the audio from a capture card be heard on the machine running OBS MP click the cog next to the capture card in the mixer. Choose Properties and then scroll down in the window displayed until you see Audio Output Mode, by default this is set to Capture audio only, change it to one of the other options and Audio will be heard on your default output device. Experiment with each option, I personally found WaveOut worked best for me.

Hope that helps, any questions let me know.

Krikey

By default (and design I think) audio from a capture card cannot be heard on the desktop where OBS MP is running. If you can see a level in the mixer for the capture card then you know audio is coming in from the device. In this configuration audio from the capture card should be in your stream or in a recording or both so long as you haven't misconfigured multiple audio tracks.

If you playback a recording and there is no game audio then this may be because you are using Windows Media player or something else that ships with Windows. Try VLC instead as it supports the audio format that OBS uses.

To make the audio from a capture card be heard on the machine running OBS MP click the cog next to the capture card in the mixer. Choose Properties and then scroll down in the window displayed until you see Audio Output Mode, by default this is set to Capture audio only, change it to one of the other options and Audio will be heard on your default output device. Experiment with each option, I personally found WaveOut worked best for me.

Hope that helps, any questions let me know.
Hi Krikey,

I'm pretty sure I'm having the same issue after switching to OBSMP.

I have my video and audio sent via HDMI to a 2nd PC to encode to twitch.

On the old OBS it output audio to the stream and to my desktop, so I could listen to it via headphones attached to my 2nd PC. I could also listen to music/videos on the 2nd PC and not have it streamed.

With OBSMP the only way I have found to be able to listen to the game audio and have it streamed at the same time is as follows:
- Set the Avermedia card to output audio to desktop (in wave mode for less lag)
- Set desktop audio as an audio source in the settings>audio dialogue.

The issue with this is, if I open YouTube, or my computer makes a desktop noise (eg the adjusting system volume DING! for example) it is included in the stream.

I believe it is being worked on to allow audio from capture cards to be sent to stream AND desktop simultaneously, but I don't believe it is a priority.

Alright yeah that seems to work for now I think that's my best bet for now but thank you guys for the help! Hopefully they do update this in the next update for OBS MP! I appreciate it :D