Resource icon

Next Scene and Previous Scene Hotkeys v1.2

SimonGZ

SimonGZ submitted a new resource:

Next Scene and Previous Scene Hotkeys - Add hotkeys to move to the next or previous scene in OBS

This Lua script adds hotkeys for Next Scene and Previous Scene, which let you cycle through your scenes in OBS from the keyboard.

I use OBS like a slideshow/presentation deck so this helps me cycle through dozens of scenes during a broadcast.

It can be installed using the Tools --> Scripts menu in OBS.

DISCLAIMER: I'm new to OBS and quickly rigged this up because every other plugin/script seemed to be a very complicated scene switcher and all I wanted was a basic hotkey. I believe I've...
Read more about this resource...

allsorts

Hi,

Very new to OBS (days..) and also wanted a simple "next" sequential scene switcher. As you say everything else is event/time based or very complex for a newbie. To be honest I was surprised that this feature was missing from OBS. Stumbled across your script, brilliant, just what I was looking for, thank you.

Being curious as to what a script looked like, I took a peek at the code and noticed in script_load() you have:
Code:
local prev_hotkey_save_array = obs.obs_data_get_array(settings, "prev_scene.trigger")
obs.obs_data_array_release(hotkey_save_array)
Shouldn't that be obs.obs_data_array_release(prev_hotkey_save_array) as it is in the block of code before it dealling with next?

NFR:
Currently it just stops when it gets to the end of the scene list. Might be nice to have a "pop-up" informing the user that the end of the list has been reached, with an option to loop back to the begining. Maybe have the pop-up optional as well so the script automatically loops back.

Haven't the faintest idea if pop-ups/script options like that are possible. Thanks again.

acbury

Well done, this is exactly what I was looking for in my current studio I'm setting up.

If there is anyway possible to make loop back to the beginning of the list once it reaches the end I would ecstatic. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to do it myself.

Thanks!

SimonGZ

SimonGZ updated Next Scene and Previous Scene Hotkeys with a new update entry:

Quick Bug Fix

Fixing a bug flagged by allsorts. Thanks!
Read the rest of this update entry...

SimonGZ

Thanks for spotting that mistake in the code! I've fixed it.

I'll think about the other requests. The looping is easy, the part I don't know how to do is to offer the options, but I know it's possible.

SimonGZ

SimonGZ

If there is anyway possible to make loop back to the beginning of the list once it reaches the end I would ecstatic. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to do it myself.
You got it. I've added this feature with an optional checkbox. You can download the new version of the script and check the box in the Scripts menu where you installed the script.

Petrichord

Thank you so much for this. I am teching a virtual play using OBS and couldn't use timed transitions for things and was going crazy trying to find a simple solution to scene transitions.

Thank you thank you thank you!