Newbie: Help me see 1080p on my camera (s)

fredsoffa

Hi

I'm a videographer and I have a job tomorrow to stream a person remote on a corporate meeting Zoom.
Never streamed before except off computer camera.
So, I bought a HDMI to USB-c adapter.
Downloaded OBS.
Rigged it to my camera - a Canon C500 mk i.

initially saw nothing. After a couple of hours, it appears that I only get an image in the OBS interface when the output of the camera HDMI port is at 720.
No amount of manipulation of the menus in OBS or the camera seem to work. If it's not 720 it's not seeing it.
Hard to believe that this is how it's supposed to be, 720 being obsolete. So HELP please and thanks
So

Har

fredsoffa

Might be the camera ... I do see the picture on my Canon 5D mark iii ... with what I presume is a 1080 signal out of a HDMI port that has no menu controls ...

Hi

I'm a videographer and I have a job tomorrow to stream a person remote on a corporate meeting Zoom.
Never streamed before except off computer camera.
So, I bought a HDMI to USB-c adapter.
Downloaded OBS.
Rigged it to my camera - a Canon C500 mk i.

initially saw nothing. After a couple of hours, it appears that I only get an image in the OBS interface when the output of the camera HDMI port is at 720.
No amount of manipulation of the menus in OBS or the camera seem to work. If it's not 720 it's not seeing it.
Hard to believe that this is how it's supposed to be, 720 being obsolete. So HELP please and thanks
So

Har
Not capture cards works well on Macs, what capture card have you got? You can use you phone as a web cam wired to you Mac then capture in OBS.