New to OBS help for mic and game audio for twitch

knowyou22

Hi,
Ive set up OBS for twitch streaming, i have managed to get my mic and webcam to work, where i am having trouble is with the game sound.
I have watched and tried numerous video's and what is happening is i can get in game sound to work via "Audio > Desktop Audio" but it also streams myself and friends voices from discord.
Can any one help please.
What im trying to achieve : to be able to talk in OBS/twitch, stream game sound to OBS/twitch, and also talk in discord at the same time without discord being heard.
Thanks Mark

knowyou22

Ok so i have got voicemeeter banana , i can play game sound, voice to obs/twitch, but still cant work out how i can talk in discord without it being heard on twitch ( or heard if i choose).
As if i mute my mic in banana it mutes it in discord aswell as i am using banana as my default sound device in windows.

knowyou22

Would it be possible to have 1 push to talk key in discord and a different one for obs/twitch?
Or will this not work as it would just keep the whole banana input muted until i hit push to talk as it all comes in on 1 channel?

carlmmii

Just set up separate hotkeys for discord and OBS. Personally I have pause/break set for discord toggle mute, and scroll lock set for OBS toggle mute. No need for PPT, just full control of which channels you want to include yourself in.

knowyou22

Great thanks i use ppt in discord so like that option.
Will ptt obs mute the ingame sound until i press ptt though?