New Source Option

RogueLeizu

I think it would be nice to be able to set something like an MP3 into a source section without having to rely on a player of some sort.

I know you're neck deep in developing the software, and it's not program breaking not to have it, but I think it would be a nice option so that when you switch to another source such as a "Stream starting soon", or "Stream ending" source you could have a song playing on that source.

Not sure if you've messed around with Xplit at all but I know that's an option in that program and that would be neat to be able to do here as OBS is more reliable in my experience with the buffering issue over on Twitch.

Also being able to tell the program what audio sources from your computer to listen to in a scene would be nice so that on a scene like the ones mentioned above, you wouldn't hear VoIP chatter or your mic while on those particular scenes.

Just food for thought for the future. I think those would be quite welcome additions for those of us that really are looking to produce a more "TV show" style of stream in the future.

Nice work on OBS so far. It's a nice piece of work and I look forward to seeing what you guys do next.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
You can actually use the Video source plugin to play music as a source on a stream. After all, it's just a wrapper for VLC.

As for the device audio levels, it's not currently possible to have more than two audio devices captured at one time (desktop audio and auxiliary). You can enabled the per-scene volume plugin to manage audio on a per-scene basis for the two devices that you do have control over, but with the current version of OBS, that's the best you can do. This might be something that will be possible in the OBS rewrite.