Question / Help Network Dropped Frames after updating to windows 10 latest version

anonymous.gr

Hi,
Whenever I update to windows 10 latest version I receive Network Dropped Frames which is network related. OBS can not hold up a steady upload it goes from 500 to 3000 and varies in between. I'm streaming with a bitrate of 3500 and I'm sure it's not my upload speed because the problem appears only when I update to latest version of windows 10 which on my system it's 1809. The problem goes away if I rollback to previous version. For that reason I didn't update my windows to latest version until last night and again, the problem appears. I don't want to rollback this time. It seems like windows or OBS or my LAN limits my upload because I can upload up to 1500 of upload without dropped frames, really strange. I really want to fix this.
Motherboard: Asus X370 prime pro

D

Deleted member 121471

Post a log of a streaming session.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

For troubleshooting purposes, install latest x370 chipset driver from the AMD official website then update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, in this order.

I own the same motherboard and had several issues with silent windows driver updates that, quite literally, went away as soon as I did this. Can't guarantee it's the solution for your specific problem though.

anonymous.gr

Post a log of a streaming session.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

For troubleshooting purposes, install latest x370 chipset driver from the AMD official website then update the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, in this order.

I own the same motherboard and had several issues with silent windows driver updates that, quite literally, went away as soon as I did this. Can't guarantee it's the solution for your specific problem though.
Hello there. I have latest chipset driver installed along with the latest bios. Here's the logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/ZNF2FIKE33qWwvtz
It's not my connection bandwidth cause it only happens with this version of windows and I tried several times and each time I rollback to previous version everything works fine. Seems like my upload within softwares has been capped by something I don't know what! I can only have steady stream with a bitrate of 1500 that's really strange.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
What kind of connection do you have? "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" doesn't look like a normal ethernet adapter.

anonymous.gr

What kind of connection do you have? "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" doesn't look like a normal ethernet adapter.
This is the connection I always stream with without issues. Tried to connect my LAN to save a log file for you but it doesn't work now! I'm connected to internet but as if I'm not! Internet pages open randomly and sometimes no response as if I'm not connected. Had the same issue before as I said and the only fix I knew for was to rollback.

anonymous.gr

It doesn't matter what connection I use with this problem cause the problem is always there. I tried wireless, LAN, USB. Problem is the same.

Narcogen

Bad performance on mobile tethering? I imagine almost anyone else who tried it would experience a similar problem. Handset performance is limited on upload because the Tx power of a handset is many times smaller than that of a base station. It would be normal to get both lower performance than either a wifi or ethernet connection, as well as a less stable connection.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Make sure you don't have ASUS Turbo LAN or other similar software installed. A log from a streaming session over ethernet might be more useful, tethering is not really suitable for streaming.

anonymous.gr

Make sure you don't have ASUS Turbo LAN or other similar software installed. A log from a streaming session over ethernet might be more useful, tethering is not really suitable for streaming.
I agree but the point is the problem only occurs when I update windows. Same happens with ethernet.