Need the ability to downscale 1680x1050 stream to 1280x800

taylortee

First of all great program, allows me to stream in 1080p flawlessly unlike other programs, but I take more of an in game performance hit than I would like so I now downgrade my resolution one step from native.

Problem is, the first resolution I can step down to is 1120x700. This yields a way lower quality picture than I would like. On other programs I can downstep to 1280x800 and the picture quality looks way better but OBS lacks that resolution. I would like to see it added as my native resolution is very common among streamers.

Thanks!

Grimio

Re: Need the ability to downscale 1680x1050 stream to 1280x8

You can do that. Set the base resolution to 1280x800 and resize the sources in the preview to match the new resolution.
It is generally recommended to use the fixed downscaling options because they are optimized for speed and quality. 700 is a smaller number than 800, but it may still lead to better quality.

taylortee

Re: Need the ability to downscale 1680x1050 stream to 1280x8

thanks very much I never knew you could move the screen around like that. I prefer 1280x800 though because I can tell the difference in quality plus theres no hit in performance but thank you. Sorry for spam