need help with the rounded corners design of my webcam and if there's a way to have it only on one scene

valorvuitton

Maybe I missed something but when I do the rounded corners design of my webcam for just one scene (gameplay) it shows up for all of the others ones (intermission). Is there a way around this?? I just want my webcam to have rounded corners on my gameplay scene when I'm playing and watching things, not on my intermission scene because it looks weird. I tried to add a new video source on the gameplay scene but for some reason with my webcam (el gato) it has to be the same source as intermission. Basically in both intermission and gameplay scenes the webcam source is video capture device and when I tried to add another one, video capture device 2 on gameplay (to see if maybe that's the issue) my face would not show up on it, hopefully this made sense. I am also fairly new to obs so I might be doing a lot of things wrong lol. It seems that I need to have two different cameras one for intermission and one for gameplay so the rounded corners effect / design works on only one scene, but I only have one webcam. Can someone please offer any solutions or recommendations.

qhobbes

By "rounded corners design", do you mean a border?

You can create a new scene that is just your webcam and then add that scene as a source to your gaming and intermission scenes.

valorvuitton

By "rounded corners design", do you mean a border?

You can create a new scene that is just your webcam and then add that scene as a source to your gaming and intermission scenes.
basically i want my camera to look like this only on the gameplay scene and not during intermission because it just looks odd lol for some reason when i do it on gameplay it does it on intermission, and when i removed it from intermission it also in turn removed it from gameplay as well. I just wanted to clarify but i appreciate your response and i was wondering if maybe you could go in further detail as i am fairly new to obs and that could solve my issue lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-29 211308.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-29 211308.png
    238.2 KB · Views: 283

valorvuitton

How exactly are you doing those rounded corners? Need to know try a solution.
im using this tutorial basically jusy making it in photoshop and inserting it in obs he explains it way better than i do

qhobbes

In your game scene, apply to the Image Mask/Blend filter to the group instead of the Video Capture Device. Remove it from the Video Capture Device filter list.
In your intermission scene, add the Video Capture from the list in Add Existing.

Suslik V

Slightly extended answer to the @qhobbes solution:
Apply filter not to the source but to the whole group. By encapsulating OBS source (camera device) into Group (or special Scene source) you can use reference copy/paste of original camera Source and have Group with different filter applied (applied to all sources within the group, including reference copy of your camera source).

If you need "grouping" for other purposes (and nested grouping not yet supported in OBS) then make a scene where only camera source exist and use this Scene (with the camera) as source (via the special Scene source of OBS). Same as for the Group, the filter can be applied to the whole Scene, while original camera source still can be used without the filter.

See it as kind of inheritance of properties: "Group" is like colored plastic bag - everything inside will be colored, but as soon as you take things out - all your stuff will return back to original color.

First time I saw this trick (different filters for the same source) here:
Same as above, step-by-step:

---------------

Later you may want to read related threads:

Additional info:

valorvuitton

Slightly extended answer to the @qhobbes solution:
Apply filter not to the source but to the whole group. By encapsulating OBS source (camera device) into Group (or special Scene source) you can use reference copy/paste of original camera Source and have Group with different filter applied (applied to all sources within the group, including reference copy of your camera source).

If you need "grouping" for other purposes (and nested grouping not yet supported in OBS) then make a scene where only camera source exist and use this Scene (with the camera) as source (via the special Scene source of OBS). Same as for the Group, the filter can be applied to the whole Scene, while original camera source still can be used without the filter.

See it as kind of inheritance of properties: "Group" is like colored plastic bag - everything inside will be colored, but as soon as you take things out - all your stuff will return back to original color.

First time I saw this trick (different filters for the same source) here:
Same as above, step-by-step:

---------------

Later you may want to read related threads:

Additional info:
i appreciate all the info you gave me thank you, it was helpful. unfortunately with my webcam it can only be used as one source i can not use it for multiple sources. so i can have many different scenes with that webcam as long as they all contain the same source (video capture 1) but if i tried to do video capture device 2 in any scene and click the same webcam that's being used for video capture device 1 it does not work, again maybe i'm doing it wrong and if so sorry for the misunderstanding lol but everything i tried as well as researched is telling me the same thing.

Suslik V

You don't need different sources in OBS. You just need one source and then clone it everywhere.
Explanation (in two posts):

Guides to learn more about OBS:

valorvuitton

You don't need different sources in OBS. You just need one source and then clone it everywhere.
Explanation (in two posts):

Guides to learn more about OBS:
thank you so much i finally got it lol !!!! i appreciate your help