Question / Help Need help with multiple monitors

atomicskunk

Hi I'm brand new here and brand new to live streaming in general. Let me tell you what I'm trying to accomplish and maybe some kind soul can either help me out or point me in the right direction. I would like to Live stream audio from my DAW, which is Ableton Live if possible and also live stream video from another monitor. I have 3 monitors (including my Macbook monitor) and I'd like to stream the video from Monitor 1, while running audio from Ableton which is on Monitors 2 and 3. So I tried diving in and setting up a video source and choosing the monitor I want the feed from, but instead that shows me whatever is on monitor 2 on monitor 1, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the feed from monitor 1 to display. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

atomicskunk

OK I've been able to figure most of this out on my own. I had to install iShowU Audio Capture and set the output from Ableton to that. now my problem seems to be that I'm getting kind of a phasing/metallic underwater sound from the audio when monitoring. Any ideas what could be causing that and how to fix?

Last edited:

Narcogen

Most likely you are doubling the audio, either by monitoring through a device that is being recorded, or by watching your own output on the default output device.