Need help when using magicyuv 1.2 codec to record with OBS

knowledgeseeker

Hi, I am seeking help on how to use magicyuv 1.2 codec with OBS streamer/recording software. Attached below is what it looks like in OBS software when I am trying to configure OBS to record webcam/gameplay:

and here is the settings window in windows 10 for the codec magicyuv itself:

Please help me and tell me how I can make it reflect the same settings in windows 10 screenshot setting window to the OBS encoder settings line, it would be a great assistance.

knowledgeseeker

Bump, no answers anyone? It would be greatly appreciated if somehow OBS would read the codec settings from the windows installed magicyuv global settings instead of video encoder command line, since I do not know the commands to force specific settings. Someone please help!

koala

If you really want to record lossless video, choose simple output mode in OBS, and in the recording output settings choose "lossless quality".

Fiddling with custom ffmpeg output mode is usually trial and error, and if no one has done that before, you need to work out any parameters yourself.

knowledgeseeker

If you really want to record lossless video, choose simple output mode in OBS, and in the recording output settings choose "lossless quality".

Fiddling with custom ffmpeg output mode is usually trial and error, and if no one has done that before, you need to work out any parameters yourself.
Thanks for your response and I understand what you're saying. The problem is, where do we fin out the "parameters" we can use for video encoder settings? I googled for a few hours and nothing was coming up? What are the command / parameters we can use for magicyuv?

Suslik V

OBS Studio v27.0.1 uses FFmpeg 4.2.4 "Ada" , so you may try to download shared version of the libs and use build-in help as:
Code:
ffmpeg.exe -h encoder=magicyuv
Not a lot of options available there (like pred=1 or 2 or 3).

koala

See this post of mine for understanding how OBS Studio uses ffmpeg options and links to the original ffmpeg help:
However, not all codecs are listed in the linked web help pages. The only relevant help is the command line help Suslik V mentioned. To get all help text for all options call ffmpeg -h full. Redirect to a text file, if needed.