Need help: Does GTX 1660 SUPER have TURING NVENC Encoding?

DanielL

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I have a question would like to have your suggestion:
Is the MSI GTX 1660 SUPER good, even better as 1550 SUPER, have the TURING NVENC?

The reason for this question is that I read through this thread:
Talking about the GPU for none gaming OBS recording.

In the post, koala mentioned that the GTX 1650 don't have TURING NVENC, but "be sure to get the SUPER, the non-SUPER don't have TURING NVENC":

I need to recode the live stream clip, which is provided by other website. I'm not gaming, now or in the future.
I guess I should follow koala's suggestion to search for GTX 1650 SUPER, but it's hard to find good one. Instead, I found some MSI GTX 1660 SUPER.

This is why I wanna to confirm on this. Thank you very much.

imacintoshy

I can confirm that 1660 Super will handle this.. But in case if you'll need to record a video with a higher frame rate + a good codec, you still have to look at something, mm, more productive. (basically also it depends from a GPU driver)

DanielL

Basically, I wanna to record the live stream clip, like the movie from Netfix or so, with the size of 1080p, at 29.97 FPS, (59.94 FPS just for some time), and the bitrate around 5000kbps.
Currently I have a "ancient" NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, it works fine, but it's already at the limit. I can feel the stuck at the fast moving scenario.
So I just wanna to try on this GPU to make it better.

FerretBomb

Basically, I wanna to record the live stream clip, like the movie from Netfix or so, with the size of 1080p, at 29.97 FPS, (59.94 FPS just for some time), and the bitrate around 5000kbps.
Currently I have a "ancient" NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, it works fine, but it's already at the limit. I can feel the stuck at the fast moving scenario.
So I just wanna to try on this GPU to make it better.
We cannot assist with piracy (recording video from Netflix). Even if it is for personal use, it is still piracy.

DanielL

My poor example. Sorry about it. I don't want to record the Netfix movie, but just want to explain that the source is not come from the computer, so the computer don't need to run something on cpu while do the recording at the same time.
And wanna to explain the parameters for my setting.
Not sure if this is clearly explained.
Thank you very much.