Need auto-scale function and auto-detect-game-capture source

SumsMee

As I used OBS Studio for almost 3 months I found that I need to change base resolution between 1920x1080 and 1280x720 very very frequently. Everytime I changed base resolution, all sources need to re-scale to correct size. I think that OBS should enable users to deside wether sources will auto-scale when basic resolution changes.

You may ask me why not keep base resolution and change output resolution instead? Well, as far as I know, if base resolution is not same as game resolution, it'll lead to a bit blur, which means your record won't look as sharp as what it should be. That's why I often change base resolution.

Another Function needed is auto-detect-game-capture source. Like what XSplit does, I think game capture should be auto-detected. OBS gave an solution that it's able to auto-detect any fullscreen game, but you know that many players, like me, play games in window-mode. Another solution that OBS gave us is activate game capture with hotkey. Well, don't you think that pressing certain keys everytime when you launch OBS is complicated?

SumsMee

Why do you need to change your base resolution at all?
Some games are 1280*720 wile some are 1920*1080. Instead of changing output resolution, changing base resolution can make your recording quality the best because there's no any downscale. Recording an 1280*720 window with 1920*1080 base resolution and 1.5x downscale (1280*720 output resolution) is very different from recording with 1280*720 base resolution. You can try it yourself.

Harold

Then I would recommend doing separate scene collections for your 1080p games vs your 720p games.

Interlace

It's not that weird to not want to see artifacts when switching to non-canvas resolutions, or needing to take multiple manual steps to adjust while live :/ Hope the devs figure out an autoscale/autostretch feature.