NDI Video not working on OBS 26.1.2 on Big Sur 11.3.1 on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Domassimo

Can you try if it works with a local source on your MacBook? Like generate a NDI source with the NDI Scan Converer app and pick that up in OBS? If that works, see if the NDI Video Monitor app on your mac can pick up the iPhone feed. It should give an idea where the problem is.

Anton Nemtsev

Can you try if it works with a local source on your MacBook? Like generate a NDI source with the NDI Scan Converer app and pick that up in OBS? If that works, see if the NDI Video Monitor app on your mac can pick up the iPhone feed. It should give an idea where the problem is.
Local:
  1. I have set browser window as a source from NDI Scan Convertor
  2. Add NDI source in the OBS and select as source NDI Scan Convertor
  3. I am seeing the browser tab
When I open NDI Video Monitor it's able to show browser from NDI Scan Convertor but when I select one of the phones — nope, black screen.
All devices connected to same 5Ghz wifi network.

Anton Nemtsev

I have switch in the iPhone app "Prefer UDP" to "Prefer TCP" and it seems working now.
I am quite curios about what exactly this did…

Domassimo

Hm … maybe it actually related to VPN usage.
For NDI to work, both devices must be on the same subnet. At home, it usually means just being connected to the same router (WiFi or ethernet cable doesn't matter). In a work setup, both have to go into the same local switch (and WiFi and ethernet are often not handled with one switch). VPN would break that for sure.