NDI TROUBLE

markmMbc

I am getting an NDI feed from an IMAC (Big Sur) into OBS 26.1.2 on MacBook Air (Catalina) and can see the feed (lyrics) in Properties for NDI Source but not in preview or program.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 10.57.05 AM.png

In my experience, I had to use "Video Capture Device" whenever I was using NDI's tools. I used NDI in order to get lyrics into Ecam Live (very similar to OBS), so I know there is a way to do it. Try adding it as a camera input and using the networking as your "video device."

aega

Is your NDI source size larger than your canvas? You might need to shrink it down to fit so the text isn't "off-screen".

markmMbc

In my experience, I had to use "Video Capture Device" whenever I was using NDI's tools. I used NDI in order to get lyrics into Ecam Live (very similar to OBS), so I know there is a way to do it. Try adding it as a camera input and using the networking as your "video device."
I can't send the ndi source from ProPresenter 7 as a camera, not sure what you mean by "using the networking as your "video device."

On my end, when using NDI Scan Converter, the PorPresenter presentation appears as a virtual input. I can then select that virtual input in a scene by using OBS's "video capture device" in the source window.

1. Right click in the source window
2. Click "Add"
3. Video Capture Device
4. Click OK
5. Uncheck "Use Preset"
6. Select your NDI Scan Converter Source to be your "device" (This MAY appear as a different name for you depending on how you have it set up)
7. Select the desired resolution
8. Set Frame Rate to "Simple FPS Values"
9. Select the desired FPS value (usually 30 or 60 are the standard)

This is what worked for me. If it doesn't appear to your computer as a camera, then we have our NDI's set up a little differently. Hopefully this helps! I know it can be frustrating. If this doesn't work for you then I would suggest watching some YouTube videos.