NDI traffic pattern and latency

yarro

Having used OBS and ndi for many projects I was happy to get an install that could spend enough to get some great cameras.
Using 4 PTZoptics NDI|HX 30x. Had enough in the budget so I bought a decent switch. TP-Link TL-SG3428.
With everything connected and some VLANing setup the signal and latency was good. For a bit. Eventually the feed for each camera was 4 to 5 seconds behind.
I tried a better (more expansive) Cisco switch I had and got the same results.
Finally moved to a NetGear GS105 unmanaged switch. Works better, but still have the odd traffic.

No Internet, only 4 cameras and a PC with OBS 27.2.4 (28.0.2 also works but has the same delay).
Attached is a snapshot of the traffic. I checked some of my older installs and the traffic on a 3-cam system looks nothing like the whip-shaw I have on the new system.

Does NDI traffic usually look like this? And are there any obvious settings I have missed?

The NetGear is not managed in any way. I am using Low latency in this screen shot - but that makes no difference on the traffic or latency with the other switches.
1663958755984.png

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
NDI|HX uses H264, so this is presumably normal behavior when a keyframe is inserted into the stream.