Question / Help NDI Plugin Issue

A-A Ron

I'm having trouble using the NDI Plugin for OBS as it isn't showing up in the add sources menu. I installed the NDI Mac pkg file, as well as restarted my computer several times. Any help on how I'd fix this would be great. Thanks

Garry Owen

Ok... so I tried something a little different, and it worked.
On the GitHub download page for the plugin, i downloaded the pkg from the "assets" section.
It complained about being not secure - went to "security and privacy" panel in preferences, and clicked install anyway.
Restarted the computer - and NDI now appears as a source.

Garry Owen

Update...
I can now see Skype NDI sources, but when I select one, OBS crashes.
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000b61be0ce01
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Bozz

OBS was crashing when I tried to use NDI - turns it out was a firewall issue. Check you don't have a firewall blocking local are networks for OBS or Skype.

A-A Ron

Ok... so I tried something a little different, and it worked.
On the GitHub download page for the plugin, i downloaded the pkg from the "assets" section.
It complained about being not secure - went to "security and privacy" panel in preferences, and clicked install anyway.
Restarted the computer - and NDI now appears as a source.
I Tried this several times. It never gave me the privacy 7 security warning though. I'm assuming since I've previously downloaded other third-party software.., but I Still don't see it in the menu. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.