NDI feed is received as SDR instead of HDR

elTurkoCharro

New Member
Hi there, I'm receiving from my windows PC an NDI signal using Screen Capture HX with the following configuration. Video Bandwidth = Ultra, and HEVC (10 bit), Video Resolution = Monitor Resolution, and Video Frame Rate = Monitor Frame Rate. Nevertheless, when I get the video on my Macbook Apple M3, I'm getting an SDR (washout) image. When I opened a ticket to the NDI support team, they confirmed the issue, and I'm already sending another ticket to figure out if this is already fixed or not. Nevertheless, I'm wondering if someone with the same issue has found a workaround for this. Unfortunaltly I don't have another Windows PC to get the video.
 
A little behind on the curve, but I've found that this occurs when Windows Automatic Color Management is turned on. Turning it off solved the problem for me on M5 Max Mac Studio and M4 Mac Mini.

In windows, go to Settings > System > Display > color profile > color management

Hope this helps!
 
Back
Top