Ndi doesn't works ubuntu 22.04

bgood66

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to set up OBS on my computer all my pc are on Ubuntu 22.04 the main pc is for 3D and the second is for streaming, i want to stream the Main Pc with NDI on the second. All my pc are on the same network and see each other all have this version of OBS 21.1.3 with ndi on it. If i check the main PC the ndi output is running. On the other pc the ndi source have no source to select. What's wrong?

Thank's for your help

unknown.png

unknown2.png

RAMChYLD

Please upgrade both PCs to OBS 27.2.4 and make sure you're using OBS-NDI 4.9.1 with the 4.5.0 NDI libraries.
Make sure both PCs are on the same subnet.
NDI is broken on OBS 28.0.0. Don't use OBS 28 if you need NDI. I've managed to get it running but only on Linux it's not pretty (involves using git to pull an experimental version of OBS-NDI and self-building. Also requires me to go sign up for Newtek's newsletter in the process so I can download the latest version of libndi).

Last edited:

bgood66

Hi thanks for your help i'm using on both my pc obs 27.1.3
i dont understand where is the path for this "<path to the libobs sub-folder in obs-studio's source code>"
i'm trying to install ndi with this link https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi

But why in obs i see the ndi option and i need to install some files ?

bgood66

it's otk now on three computer thre problem is the sdi file to install , i've thinked there no need bc sdi output is on obs

radekw

Hello, as I have similar problem, I think I can hijack this thread instead of creating new one.
I can't add (it is not displayed in the list) NDI source to the scene in OBS. This is fresh install of lubuntu latest version, fresh obs and both deb packages for NDI support (computer is old mac mini - late 2012). There is a line in obs log:
18:45:20.827: os_dlopen(/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so->/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so): libQt6Widgets.so.6: nie można otworzyć pliku obiektu dzielonego: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu (Polish text says: can't open shared object file: No such file or directory).
How can I fix this problem?

peteah

Hello, as I have similar problem, I think I can hijack this thread instead of creating new one.
I can't add (it is not displayed in the list) NDI source to the scene in OBS. This is fresh install of lubuntu latest version, fresh obs and both deb packages for NDI support (computer is old mac mini - late 2012). There is a line in obs log:
18:45:20.827: os_dlopen(/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so->/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so): libQt6Widgets.so.6: nie można otworzyć pliku obiektu dzielonego: Nie ma takiego pliku ani katalogu (Polish text says: can't open shared object file: No such file or directory).
How can I fix this problem?

I am having this same issue:
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
OBS Studio 28.1.2

18:06:07.381: os_dlopen(/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so->/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so): libQt6Widgets.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
18:06:07.381:
18:06:07.381: Module '/usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-ndi.so' not loaded

MaxHecateII

Biglinux base on arch linux
while i run OBS Studio 29.0.0-1
problem:
obs: error while loading shared libraries: libQt6Widgets.so.6: cannot open shared object fi
le: No such file or directory
my solution:
open terminal:sudo pacman -S qt6-base

::qt6-base conflicts with qt6-base-headless. Delete qt6-base-headless? [y/N] y
then i can run OBS Studio normally

oferdesade

i just downloaded obs 29 for linux mint. installed libndi5_5.5.3-1 and obs-ndi-4.11.1 and I STILL can't see ndi - either in the inputs or in the tools.