NDI Cameras not showing up in OBS

beverhart

I am setting up a three camera system with PTZOptics NDI cameras. I've done this many times on a PC, but first time on a Mac. It is a MacBook Pro with I9 2.3Ghz processor. Big Sur 11.6. OBS 27.0.1 Cameras are visible in NDI Video Monitor, but when I go to add them as an NDI source, they are not showing up in the drop down menu. Has anyone faced this and overcame? Help needed.

haef

I'm with beverhart on this one. ;) Same deal.
I cannot get my new Macbook M1 running Big Sur and OBS 27.0.0 to see NDI sources. It simply does not show the NDI Sources as an option. I've installed the NewTek NDI plugin for OBS Studio as well as the NDI Newtek v5 tools. Nothing.

ScottKresge

Mine are showing in the drop down, but the image is not coming in. I can see the image via NDI into zoom, so the cameras and the NDI are working, but the image is not in OBS. HELP?

haef

Scott are you using Big Sur as well?

Not exactly sure who/how to report these Big Sur issues to....

Urbanian

And, possibly an issue: PTZOptics support finally realized that the firmware in our just-delivered 30x PTZOptics camera had old firmware that doesn't support (or at least supports badly) NDI 4, and the Mac NDI scene support needs NDI 4.

After updating to the latest firmware, the camera works fine in OBS.

Possibly significant, PTZOptics support had earlier said that Big Sur had some issues with discovery so I should update to Monterey. That update didn't help, but the firmware update did. I suspect just the camera update would have been sufficient if I'd stayed on Big Sur, but I'm not looking back.