Question / Help NDI 4.8.0 not showing up in OBS

shasha1040

Just installed the latest version of OBS 25.0.4 and then tried to install the latest version of NDI 4.8.0 and have been very unsuccessful. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and still no luck. I would appreciate any help that can be provided as I am very new to this and stuck not knowing what else to try. Thanks in advance!

FerretBomb

I believe the obs-ndi plugin requires a specific version of the NewTek NDI redistributable package. It should have that information in the obs-ndi plugin instructions though.

FerretBomb

Do you think that those 2 are not compatible?
Again, the obs-ndi plugin lists which specific version of the Newtek redistributable is needed for each version of the plugin.
The instructions are there for a reason; if you have the wrong version of the redist installed, it will not work. RTFM.

FerretBomb

It clearly states that NDI works with version 25 or above of OBS. I also tried NDI 4.7.1 and still no luck. :(
Yes, obs-ndi works with OBS 25+.
It also should list which specific version of NDI you need, as in which version of the Newtek redistributable is compatible with the current version of the obs-ndi plugin.

shasha1040

So I just found out that my processor does not support SSSE3, so it does not support NDI. Unless someone knows of a workaround it will never work from what I researched. My process is an AMD Athlon II X2 B26