N/A

Rodney

Forum Moderator
Limiting your FPS is a recommendation made because of newer games maxing out GPUs not leaving enough resources for OBS to work. It is your hardware not being able to keep up. And no those issues don't go away with XSplit. And you can't magically make obs not use the gpu.

For example when running Rainbow Six Siege with unlocked FPS, obs-studio goes down to ~22 fps because my GPU (GTX 980) is maxed out. Guess what, exact same thing happens with XSplit. There is no way to set a higher priority for the GPU so this is unavoidable if you play with very high settings or unlocked fps and your GPU is at its limit.

You have to make compromises if you're streaming and playing on the same PC. Sometimes those mean that you won't be able to fully utilize a high refresh rate monitor, sometimes it means not being able to play at max settings. There is no way to magically resolve this. There is a reason 2 PC setups are more and more common.

Mario345

obs is the only f**king recording software that doesnt work at all for streaming my streams have been way worst with the newer updates to obs i tried others like xsplit ff split and some other recorders they all work fine no issues(besides more cpu usaged on xsplit) 60fps on obs=10fps on xsplit so anything i tried like sonic said with vsync on off forced and all settings down obs just doesnt see 60fps even if its set to 60frames so before you say oh its your gpu/cpu no no its not, i own a i7 7700k with 32gigs of ram and a gtx 1080 and my videos look like they are being ran on my apu pc which cant even watch 720p videos,

so please fix your f**king sh*t before saying your Hardware is weak again this is only a issue with obs not anything else so f**king fix your sh*t NOW BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE ME AND SONIC AND OTHERS wont be using your Software anymore if you dont do anything about this encording and video playback issues

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
OBS has millions of users, if it were not working for the majority of them we would certainly know about it. Everyone's PC and configuration is different, and some configurations will cause problems for OBS. If this is the case, feel free to use other software that is unaffected by whatever is causing issues for OBS.

Mario345

OBS has millions of users, if it were not working for the majority of them we would certainly know about it. Everyone's PC and configuration is different, and some configurations will cause problems for OBS. If this is the case, feel free to use other software that is unaffected by whatever is causing issues for OBS.
its fine if you use 30fps but once you change the frame rate to 60frames the video playback/streams wont be fully 60 from people i saw who use obs had issues using it at 60fps but once they changed it to 30frames same with me the games would be fine so whatever is causing the issue is either coming from obs part or windows part

Fenrir

Forum Admin
its fine if you use 30fps but once you change the frame rate to 60frames the video playback/streams wont be fully 60 from people i saw who use obs had issues using it at 60fps but once they changed it to 30frames same with me the games would be fine so whatever is causing the issue is either coming from obs part or windows part

I have a 4790k with a GTX 1080, and I can stream/record 60fps with no issues. If you're having issues, make a post with logs and we're happy to help take a look.