My stream lag a lot, please help me setup correct bitrate!

wind_cloud

Hello all, I am a newcomer into this streaming subject, so i do not know much about setting OBS. I read a lot of guides on youtube and doing so but result is not good. And I found out that my upload speed is not that fast to make my stream smooth. So, I am posting to ask for helps. I want stream at 720p 30fps, so I set bitrate on OBS at 2500 CBR. But my result at testmy show my upload only at ~1.7MB/s only

"Upload Speed Test Size:: 12.8 MB or 13056 kB or 13369344 bytes
Upload Binary File Transfer Speed:: 1680 kB/s or 1.7 MB/s
Tested At:: https://TestMy.net"

With that result, that mean my Internet can not afford stream at 720p 30 fps ? Or my setting bitrate is incorrect ? Is there way to optimize thing to make stream smoother ? My PC is quite strong so I do not think it is problem but only my poor upload speed. Thanks for your reading and any recommend advice is welcome!

Lawrence_SoCal

First - you need to test your upload speed... and beware typical speed tests as they can be grossly optimistic. You need sustained, ideally low jitter upload speed.
- then you need to make sure NOTHING else on your network uses that upload bandwidth (including TCP reply plackets)... so EVERYTHING basically (hence need to leave some buffer room)
So have you tried streaming at bitrate 1500 (and ignoring quality) is stream at least stable? Again... test, but be sure to leave some buffer - 20%?? (depends).
Once you figure out your stable range, THEN you can see if that works for your streaming desires
If bandwidth is inadequate, either get more, or consider recording locally and uploading, for later streaming

wind_cloud

So have you tried streaming at bitrate 1500 (and ignoring quality) is stream at least stable? Again... test, but be sure to leave some buffer - 20%?? (depends).
Once you figure out your stable range, THEN you can see if that works for your streaming desires
If bandwidth is inadequate, either get more, or consider recording locally and uploading, for later streaming
Not yet, but I will try it later at bitrate 1500 to see if stream being stable
please send an obs LOG
I wanna do so, but somehow OBS do not export current log. It only show me log file of previous couple days, not yesterday...Still, here it is. Hope it can help you figure out my problem.