Bug Report My rate goes up and down to 0 kb / s

Fenrir

Forum Admin
OBS cannot cause connection issues. Please read the guide and the detailed note from Jim on how this is basically impossible.

I understand it can be hard to grasp when "other applications work fine" and OBS seems to be the only thing having issues. Please understand that streaming is tenfold more sensitive to connection issues than nearly all other internet-enabled applications. We deal with this a hundred times a week, and we have yet to identify any issues caused by OBS itself. It is always a faulty connection or route.

Mario345

OBS cannot cause connection issues. Please read the guide and the detailed note from Jim on how this is basically impossible.

I understand it can be hard to grasp when "other applications work fine" and OBS seems to be the only thing having issues. Please understand that streaming is tenfold more sensitive to connection issues than nearly all other internet-enabled applications. We deal with this a hundred times a week, and we have yet to identify any issues caused by OBS itself. It is always a faulty connection or route.
thats false on obs 17.0 i had 0 issues but since i like to be up to date i updated to 19.whatever the last one was to 20,0,0, and i get 70k frame dropped i even had this when i put my bitrate to 300 and resolution to 240p still had frame drops is obs issue not internet connection as nvidias broadcasting thing works fine with no drops at 6k bitrate and xsplit works fine with no frame drops at all at 6k 720p 60fps(i only do 60fps), i would use xsplit but obs has all the stuff xsplit has for free so yeah its an obs issue

Fenrir

Forum Admin
No, it is not false. Nothing has changed with how OBS handles network connections between those two versions, with the exception of the addition of the new network code which is not active unless you activate it manually.

The most common cause of issues like this is terrible antivirus or other internet security software wrecking havoc on the connection OBS is trying to make.

I really, really don't want to come off as rude here, but please understand we deal with this every single day and the way OBS is programmed, it uses your system's networking functions to send data. It just cannot be cause by OBS. There is something else on your system causing the problem. Read the guide. Read it again. Then, read it a third time to fully understand all the factors that are at play here and how there is nothing we can do to fix a bad connection.

Mario345

No, it is not false. Nothing has changed with how OBS handles network connections between those two versions, with the exception of the addition of the new network code which is not active unless you activate it manually.

The most common cause of issues like this is terrible antivirus or other internet security software wrecking havoc on the connection OBS is trying to make.

I really, really don't want to come off as rude here, but please understand we deal with this every single day and the way OBS is programmed, it uses your system's networking functions to send data. It just cannot be cause by OBS. There is something else on your system causing the problem. Read the guide. Read it again. Then, read it a third time to fully understand all the factors that are at play here and how there is nothing we can do to fix a bad connection.
i tested every server which to see if it was the server i was on, no it wasnt that everyone i know and everyone i watched had the same issue, the fact the other streaming software works fine kinda makes me think its obs, again its not bad internet as people i watched has 100download and 66upload i myself have 10upload adn 40download so its not internet connection based as i said in my original quote

PrinceVinc

x264 works fine and as it should BUT,
if you use the H264/AVC Encoder AMD this "connection issue" happens and I get stuck at ~1000kb/s with a red Square.

When I use any Version above 19.0.2 this Issue happens with that one encoder.
Even with the one that says it fixed the AMD Driver bug.
And I use the latest driver.

When I reverted back from 20.0 to 19.0.2 the Issue was gone again and I could stream with my 7000kb/s

Gamesoccer66

I have the same problem like PrinceVinc!!!!! I NEED HELP PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!

x264 works fine and as it should BUT,
if you use the H264/AVC Encoder AMD this "connection issue" happens and I get stuck at ~1000kb/s with a red Square.

When I use any Version above 19.0.2 this Issue happens with that one encoder.
Even with the one that says it fixed the AMD Driver bug.
And I use the latest driver.

When I reverted back from 20.0 to 19.0.2 the Issue was gone again and I could stream with my 7000kb/s

PrinceVinc

I don't say OBS causes "Network Issues" but the Encoder for AMD definitely does.

Why is it that Version 19.0.2 Works with it, but anything after that Version does not.

Something either changed with the AMD Encoder or something was changed in OBS that since version 19.0.3 Conflicts with the encoder.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Is everyone in this thread experiencing issues using the AMD AMF encoder plugin to stream?

That could definitely be a clue here, if the encoder itself is misbehaving and causing these connection issues as a red herring. Let's start getting some more data. If you are having connection issues, and are on the AMD AMF encoder, please do the following steps:

Please post a link to a clean log file. To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

Xaymar

I have the same problem, this is NOT an Internet Issue!
On Version 19.0.2 There is no Problem at all but after updating to the later or latest Versions causes THIS Issue!

It is a Problem that occurs when you want to Stream with AMD Encoder!

https://gist.github.com/32e119fe2228f832e5f28f4285cf6706

And yes I need to use AMD Encoder

1080p60 is not possible at 3500kbit or 7000kbit without Frame Skipping. Enable it or increase the bitrate to at least 12000kbit, or switch to x264.

PrinceVinc

Well I do stream 1080p/60FPS with 7000kb/s and AMD Encoder and no one complains about the quality and frame skipping or frame drops are not occuring according to OBS and my audience on YT.

I will do a clean help file soon.

Xaymar

This isn't about quality, this is because Hardware encoders such as AMF will not properly be able to keep the bitrate perfect if the scene is too extreme without Frame Skipping being enabled. 3500kbit is way too low, 7000kbit is still too low - but might be watchable with less movement and 12000kbit is where 1080p60 gets acceptable/decent.

PrinceVinc

First one is Version 20.0.1

Second is Version 19.0.2

Both have the exact same Settings and Encoder.

First one acts up from the very beginning by limiting kb/s to ~1000kb/s

2nd one without issue at ~6000kb/s

I hope that helps to resolve the problem.

Attachments

• 2017-08-13 19-06-26.txt
    20 KB · Views: 160
  • 2017-08-13 19-14-41.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 120

Xaymar

Do you have "Enforce Streaming Service" thing checked? Otherwise there is no difference between 2.1.5 (19.0.2) and 2.2.2 (20.0.1)

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Are you running any kind of antivirus or other internet security software?

Looking at the log, there is no real difference between the two versions. AV might be flagging the new version somehow and mucking about with it.

PrinceVinc

My AV gives me no notifications, which it usually does, that something was blocked.
Bitdefender 2017

And I tried the "Enforce Streaming Service" with 20.1 It makes no difference if checked or not.

So the log gives no clue huh? Any other data I can provide?

Mario345

My AV gives me no notifications, which it usually does, that something was blocked.
Bitdefender 2017

And I tried the "Enforce Streaming Service" with 20.1 It makes no difference if checked or not.

So the log gives no clue huh? Any other data I can provide?
i can give you one downgrade to 18.0.2 it will be better then 20.0.1