Bug Report My OBS keeps crashing. It doesn't open. Please Help!!!!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Joshua Gilliam - please give us a screenshot as a PNG/JPG or a log file as a text file. No PDFs please.

Adrienne

Having similar issue. I did see in another thread that MBP with the intel Core 2 duo have had issues. Here's my log:

Attachments

• Untitleddocument.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 30

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Adrienne - this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next version.

Joshua Gilliam

Joshua Gilliam - please give us a screenshot as a PNG/JPG or a log file as a text file. No PDFs please.

Sorry! did not know that...here is a .txt format file...I hope this gets fixed! I would love to record using OBS!!!

and also here is the part I thought was not supposed to be there:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000030

Attachments

• OBS crash report.txt
    58.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yep, joshua, this will be fixed in the next version. Terribly sorry to ask you guys to wait. It's almost ready.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You can get an early build with just that fix now by redownloading it off of the front page of the website, though we'll be updating with a new official 0.6.0 build with a fair number of new features in a few days either way.

Joshua Gilliam

Ok thanks! Also i tried to record something with OBS (minecraft) and it came out in a file format that I have never heard of. I finally found something to convert it to a .mp4 file and when I looked at it, it was even more laggy then the quicktime recorder. Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.48f2

Serial Number (system): (won't put)

Hardware UUID: 234CAB01-8792-5217-A1E7-7B81D146C127

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Is there anything I can do to make it less laggy?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Ir recorded as an FLV file, and you should be able to use OBS to convert (remux) the recording to MP4 (Edit > Remux Recordings). VLC can play FLV files, though.

As for recording performance, please post a log so we can tell what's going on easier.

Joshua Gilliam

This should be the most recent log... I finally found remix and converted it and it was still laggy...agian, this should be the most recent log...

Attachments

• 2014-10-02 13-45-30.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 23

Joshua Gilliam

whoops that was the wrong log...I recorded just about 1 minute of my browser so I could get an updated log...here it is!

Attachments

• 2014-10-16 14-01-00.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 25

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Your log appears to be 'okay', but your resolution may be a bit high for that computer. I'd recommend lowering the scaled resolution in video settings just a tiny bit more to reduce CPU usage.

However, that may not be the fundamental problem here. The fundamental problem may be the fact that you're using window capture. Window capture on mac is kind of slow, and may not capture efficiently. Screen capture is the easiest and very efficient, though annoying to capture the monitor for some people. Syphon would otherwise be the most ideal, but doesn't always work with minecraft.

Joshua Gilliam

I changed my scaled resolution to 822x514 and I recorded some pop and remuxed it to an mp4 file and looked at it and it was not as laggy but was close to it...I really don't know what to do...Thanks for helping me with this!

Jan Valenta

Hi, I have similar issue. Can open OBS Studio without any issue with my account but cannot open it in my sons account with parental control. Does anyone know what parent control to delete? The app itself is allowed clearly... Thanks for any hint.

Dlegend101

My OBS is working now, i took off parental controls and it worked. I hope this takes some stress off your mind :D
Hi
I am currently running Mac OS Mojave. I have Parental Controls on my son's account. OBS will not open. What can I do about it, apart from disabling Parental Controls every time. Please help - I am desperate!