Question / Help MY FACEBOOK LIVE PREVIEW SCREEN IS BLACK

mortymantis

Okay,

I'm a little new to this, but I have been able to discover the key etc.

But my problem is that when my Facebook Live page finds the feed, it's just black. I know the feed has been found, but it's still black.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Will Johnson

I'm getting the same thing... I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I've tried it on different computers and still the same result. I don't know if OBS has another bug or if Facebook has changed something. It just happen to me.

SportalStream

I am also experiencing this same problem today. I can see that Facebook is able to "fetch" the video stream, but once it does, then only black appears (in stead of the image of the stream)

pledgerio

same problem for me. Was working fine yesterday. Now only black screen. Have tested stream to YT which works fine so perhaps problem at FB's end. Note I'm on mac so clearly not a platform issue.

alexoiu

same problem for me. Was working fine yesterday. Now only black screen. Have tested stream to YT which works fine so perhaps problem at FB's end. Note I'm on mac so clearly not a platform issue.

I've changed the webcams, tried several laptops and computers and the same result: a black screen. I'm almost positive that Facebook made some changes.

SportalStream

Actually, everything works just fine, except the Preview window. You just need to press "Go Live" and then you'll see the image of the video. It's the opposite with the Internet Explorer, though. Once you go live, you won't see any image, but this doesn't mean you aren't streaming, haha.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Just to confirm, the preview in OBS itself has the video feed you are all wishing to share, correct?

If the preview in OBS is black, make sure you added sources to capture what you want first.

Ian Hill TEGNA

Hello @Fenrir and all - several of our stations have been having this issue in the past 24 hours as well. It seems that it's just the preview in Facebook that is going black. OBS is showing the video feed, and once we go live, the feed is working. But we can't see the preview, which is annoying.

Greg750

I have had the exact same problem in the last 24hours at two locations. @Fenrir the issue is not the preview in OBS. It's the preview on facebook live. You set up a stream in OBS and start it. Facebook sees the stream on the preview page however it's just black with no audio. If you click "Go Live" everything is fine and your content is streaming on your page. It was working fine the other day and now its not. I assume the issue is something facebook has changed.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
We've basically confirmed that the issue is on Facebook's side, and only affects the preview before going live. One the stream is set to go live, everything works normally. Not much to do but wait for Facebook to fix the issue.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Thanks everyone for the follow up! Glad to know it was resolved on Facebook's side quickly.

Alison Nascimento

After searching a lot on the internet about this problem, I just found people with the same problem here on this forum, the difference is that they managed to solve it. I've had this problem for months now, and the most curious thing is that this only occurs when I broadcast on Facebook, leaving a black screen for some of my viewers. I've done everything and nothing solves it. I believe that solving this problem is not within my reach.

I have already reported it to Facebook and they informed me that there is no problem. Recently a friend reported this problem to me in his lives, before that I thought it was just me who was facing this problem and for a few moments I thought I was doing something wrong or something I messed up and ended up disconcerting, but I concluded and I was sure that there is nothing wrong on my side.

If anyone has any insight into this, I would be very grateful.