My 4k60Pro MK2 only outputs 1080p to OBS

Welkenwerk

Hi, im actually trying to set up my PS5 and Xbox Recordings with my 4k60Pro MK2 but i have a problem i cant seem to fix.

Im running OBS as an Administrator and im adding my 4k 60 pro as a new Videosource. Problem is its only adding as 1080p as you can see in this screenshot.

Even so the Device properties say its 2160p you can see in my canvas that its only filling up a quarter of it and when i stretch it it becomes very soft as you would expect a 1080p image looking streched to 2160p.

I alos have a Camlink and that automaticly snaps to my Canvas resolution and delivers a sharp 4k image.

When using the Elgato Gamecapture Software the image is as sharp as you would expect it to be.

Attachments

• OBS (2).PNG
    OBS (2).PNG
    990.4 KB · Views: 62

Welkenwerk

I now tested it in Streamlabs and its the same ...

As you can see in both screenshots. Cam working fine. Elgato Gamecapture only 1080p ... :(

and it doesnt make a difference if its ps5 or xbox series x both using a diffrent cable.

Attachments

• Streamlabs 1.jpg
    Streamlabs 1.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Streamlabs 2.jpg
    Streamlabs 2.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 36

Tomasz Góral

On second picture i see 3840x2160 ?
Maybe your base canvas in OBS is set to 1920x1080, please manual typing value 3840x2160.
Please add your log file.

Welkenwerk

My Canvas is 4k for sure. I added a logfile. As far as i can read it it states that my capture card delivers 4k but i can tell you its not. Why would it add it cropped to a quarter of the screen when its 4k like my canvas? My Camlink doesnt come in cropped and the diffrence in sharpness is night and day.

Attachments

• 2021-03-04 15-50-02.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 15

Welkenwerk

Found the solution:

You have to manually change the videoformat to YV12 and now its filling up my whole canvas without me stretching it and it looks super crisp!

Maybe sometimes this will help someone :)