Question / Help mute discord on obs

Duremudiry

i got a problem. I want to record Beat Saber on OBS an mute Discord on the record so i can keep talking to my friend while i record. but every time i mute the audio of discord in OBS it mutes everything. if anyone knows how i mute the discord-audio seperately from the Beat Saber audio, please tell me.

thanks for helping, Dure

i got a problem. I want to record Beat Saber on OBS an mute Discord on the record so i can keep talking to my friend while i record. but every time i mute the audio of discord in OBS it mutes everything. if anyone knows how i mute the discord-audio seperately from the Beat Saber audio, please tell me.

thanks for helping, Dure
Just change the audio output in Discord to something else (Gear icon / User Settings > Voice & Video > Output Device ) ... like only to be heard on your headphones. I attached screenshots so how it is by default and for me that I change it to my audio device where I want only Discord to be heard on. This will separate the audio of Discord and it won't be tied to the Desktop Audio in OBS.

However if you have Discord setup for OBS through a Virtual Audio line, then you would have a completely separate Audio line of Discord in OBS... you can mute it there instead... If you have not done this I won't explain that since its a whole process it self to follow :P For guides on that just google: obs discord virtual audio line

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 51,507
  • 02.png
    02.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 51,024

Duremudiry

Thanks for trying but didnt work :/

I want to hear everything on my Rift headphones but when i change that in Discord it doesnt work. I can put the audio on my seperate headphones, then it's seperated from the audioline of the game in OBS but i cant hear my friends cause it's, as i said, on my seperate headphones. and if i change it back to the rift i got both on one audio-line. Discord and Beat Saber. :(

again thx for helping.

ggg

Just change the audio output in Discord to something else (Gear icon / User Settings > Voice & Video > Output Device ) ... like only to be heard on your headphones. I attached screenshots so how it is by default and for me that I change it to my audio device where I want only Discord to be heard on. This will separate the audio of Discord and it won't be tied to the Desktop Audio in OBS.

However if you have Discord setup for OBS through a Virtual Audio line, then you would have a completely separate Audio line of Discord in OBS... you can mute it there instead... If you have not done this I won't explain that since its a whole process it self to follow :P For guides on that just google: obs discord virtual audio line
Can u send a link for virtual line 1