Question / Help Music Between themes

Kiyoshiken

This is my first post so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Question
As the music is tied to the video how can I have the music play but the video stop when I switch to my live theme?

Current state
I have an intro theme to my stream that is an mp4 with music and graphics playing.

Desire
I would like to switch theme to my live self and have the music keep playing from the intro theme and mp4 file as i talk over it welcoming everyone.

What's happening
Because its on a separate theme as soon as i switch theme the music cuts in a very jarring way.

What I've tried
- I've tried extending the transition time but it is such a slow transition the video suffers
- I've put the Video on the same theme as live and just drag it to the background when i want it to switch. This works but is not easy or look nice.
- I've tried playing the audio from a separate source but the sound is so tied to the visuals i get it off all the time.

Narcogen

Add the media file as a referenced source in your "live" scene. Position it off-screen so it cannot be scene. Make sure it is NOT set to restart playback on selection.

This will achieve your objective but is not performant as your machine will be playing and decoding video even though it won't appear in the stream.

A better option might be to split the video and audio into separate files, but make them both appear/start playback with the same hotkey, and then add ONLY the media source with the audio as a source in your "live" scene. That way, when you start playback of both files at once they should be in sync, and then when you switch to the "live" scene the audio should continue from where it was playing, but the video source will no longer be decoding-- you can set the file to unload when not being shown.

Kiyoshiken

Add the media file as a referenced source in your "live" scene. Position it off-screen so it cannot be scene. Make sure it is NOT set to restart playback on selection.

This will achieve your objective but is not performant as your machine will be playing and decoding video even though it won't appear in the stream.

A better option might be to split the video and audio into separate files, but make them both appear/start playback with the same hotkey, and then add ONLY the media source with the audio as a source in your "live" scene. That way, when you start playback of both files at once they should be in sync, and then when you switch to the "live" scene the audio should continue from where it was playing, but the video source will no longer be decoding-- you can set the file to unload when not being shown.

This worked perfectly. Thank you.