Multiple Chroma Key / Greenscreen ?

Wolfbane

Atm Im trying to figure out greenscreen to work for me good.

I have a few suggestions to it.

First one would be to have multiple "Chroma Key" masks...
I do not have the perfect screen, living on a budget and having a conctreate wall makes it hard for me to make the cloth to lay flat/Stretched out. So some problems with the shadow parts atm, and Similarity and Blend does not make it look good. But if there I could have several Chroma keys with same options. Anyway...

If it is to much work to have several Chroma keys overlapping each other, then at least have several chroma keys to remember different settings. Like for example, my computer and setup is close to a window and depending on how bright it is outside it messes a lot with the light in the room. And having to change the chroma key depending on the light is a bit frustrating. But If I just could activate another chroma key instead would be nice.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
Getting Chroma key to work right is all about lighting. The right way to fix your problem is for you to start getting control of the environment where you are capturing your video.

Like for example, my computer and setup is close to a window and depending on how bright it is outside it messes a lot with the light in the room. And having to change the chroma key depending on the light is a bit frustrating.
Then block your window. Put a sheet over it so that your window light doesn't affect your lighting setup. Go to Wal-mart and get a $10 desk lamp and shine it at yourself. The brighter lit you are, and the more consistent your lighting is, the better your results will be.

It kind of sounds more like you are not willing to put the effort into creating a proper green screen setup and are instead hoping for the software to magically work in a way that it really shouldn't. Multiple chroma key is a lazy half-assed solution to what should really be a problem that is solved by having a correct setup on your end.

Bensam123

I'm guessing dodgepong is so antagonistic because this has been asked for already for a similar reason and it turned into a big argument.

I'm assuming most people don't have a studio green screen setup or anything like it. I'm also assuming most people have windows in their household so this may be applicable to more then just the OP. Suggestion forums are about making prudent suggestions for software development (unless I'm mistaken) and this falls into that category. It's not a place for workarounds as a reason to put down not just the suggestion, but also the person making it.

This isn't actually a terrible idea and having something like an adaptive chroma key would be superb

shaNker

I know this is an old thread.. but...

+1 sounds like a cool feature but I think it also might not be possible?. I can't find much discussion about this anywhere on the web.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
This will be feasible in the rewrite due to its design -- the rewrite will have those filters be separate from sources, and they will be able to be applied to all sources now. They haven't been written yet for it though.

So yea, I already knew about this a long time ago.