Question / Help Multiple Audio Tracks - Help Needed

MisterCozy

Last Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/w_k0mZvSzjYisPn4 ( I'm not quite sure if this helps but I was told to include it )

Hey, So I want to use Multiple-Audio tracks in my videos but whenever I enable more than one audio track my recordings break if they exceed around 30 seconds.
When I stop recording it just stays on 'Stopping recording...' it never actually stops and the timer keeps going up..

My settings:
Output: http://prntscr.com/lgpf4g
Advanced-Audio: http://prntscr.com/lgpf9l

Does anyone know why it won't stop recording?

koala

Try to use a sane value for CQP such as a value between 15-25, and use a sane fps value of 60. You're using 240, which isn't reasonable at all.

MisterCozy

Try to use a sane value for CQP such as a value between 15-25, and use a sane fps value of 60. You're using 240, which isn't reasonable at all.
240 FPS is reasonable since I use smart resample in sony vegas..
My CQP is like that so I have the best possible quality I can have since having it at 15 or 1 makes no difference to my CPU usage I might as well use 1..
I don't see how any of this has to do with Mulitple audio tracks though since I have tried with 60 fps and 25 CQP before and I still get the same results..

koala

The "Stopping recording" issue points to a problem with video encoding, not with multiple audio tracks (I've never heard before that using multiple audio tracks results in any kind of output issues). Usually it happens, if an external encoder such as nvenc isn't able to keep up with encoding. It's not only just overloaded, it's essentially so overloaded that it is not able to output even one single frame. For actually stopping the video, OBS needs some kind of final frame from the encoder, and if this cannot be created, it's eternally in the stopping state.

If the issue persists with even 60 fps and 25 cqp, it may be a general issue with the encoder. Since you're using nvenc, try updating your nvidia drivers to the most current version or try a different encoder such as x264.

MisterCozy

The "Stopping recording" issue points to a problem with video encoding, not with multiple audio tracks (I've never heard before that using multiple audio tracks results in any kind of output issues). Usually it happens, if an external encoder such as nvenc isn't able to keep up with encoding. It's not only just overloaded, it's essentially so overloaded that it is not able to output even one single frame. For actually stopping the video, OBS needs some kind of final frame from the encoder, and if this cannot be created, it's eternally in the stopping state.

If the issue persists with even 60 fps and 25 cqp, it may be a general issue with the encoder. Since you're using nvenc, try updating your nvidia drivers to the most current version or try a different encoder such as x264.
I have already tried all of that, and my drivers are up to date..
the issue ONLY occurs once I set multiple audio tracks, I can record for as long as I want with 2560 x 1440 480fps with 1 CQP and I run into no problems at all..

Only thing that makes it break is setting multiple audio tracks :/