Resource icon

Multi Source Effect 0.2.1

norihiro

norihiro submitted a new resource:

Multi Source Effect - Custom effect source to blend multiple sources

This is a simple source providing custom effect to render multiple sources.
Features
  • Input two sources
  • Set built-in or user-made shader file
  • Render these textures with the shader
Limitations
  • Source name is not selectable in the property dialog. User has to type the exact name of each source without mistake.
  • No more than two sources cannot be specified.

Read more about this resource...

norihiro

norihiro updated Multi Source Effect with a new update entry:

Multi Source Effect 0.1.3

This is a hotfix release of Multi Source Effect plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes from 0.1.2
  • The source won't be duplicated even if `Duplicate Source` is enabled on OBS Studio.
    This will improve performance by avoiding to read the effect file again at the scene transition.
  • Fix a crash when source select itself or scene that causes loop
Changes from 0.1.1
  • Fix a crash when source name is not specified. (#4)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Northiro, I want to Thank You for including instructions in the download. It was also a .dmg which I am used to. I've found some really good software in this forum which I haven't used yet as a result of not knowing how to install it properly on a mac. I just need to mention that at first I thought I did something wrong in the installation, because the screen was black when I first setup the sources. I didn't see anything, but I now know that it does work. However, I need to look at it a little more to really know what I'm doing! Thanks!

norihiro

> I just need to mention that at first I thought I did something wrong in the installation, because the screen was black when I first setup the sources.
Talking about this plugin, you can say installation is succeeded if you find `Multi Source Effect` in the list of the Add Source menu.
The default is a solid black. You need to specify an effect file and two sources in the property.
For some other plugins, installation might be different.

> I just need to mention that at first I thought I did something wrong in the installation, because the screen was black when I first setup the sources.
Talking about this plugin, you can say installation is succeeded if you find `Multi Source Effect` in the list of the Add Source menu.
The default is a solid black. You need to specify an effect file and two sources in the property.
For some other plugins, installation might be different.
Thank You Norihiro! Sorry I misspelled your name last time.

norihiro

Hi Norihiro,
Can you please tell me how to uninstall Multi Source Effect so that I could troubleshoot. I thought that it worked for a while ( a day or two) then my OBS did a fast quit when opened. I downloaded a more recent version of Multi Source Effect and OBS loads (first screen), but everything is greyed in OBS, which makes it so that I can't use OBS at all. Not even to get a log file. It may or may not be your software, but I need to uninstall it first to know. Perhaps not uninstalling the earlier version is the problem. I am using the latest version of your software and OBS on a Mac OS High Sierra. It might be a coincidence, because I remembered telling you that I figured out how to use it and liked it, but I want to troubleshoot. Thanks!

Hi Norihiro,
Can you please tell me how to uninstall Multi Source Effect so that I could troubleshoot. I thought that it worked for a while ( a day or two) then my OBS did a fast quit when opened. I downloaded a more recent version of Multi Source Effect and OBS loads (first screen), but everything is greyed in OBS, which makes it so that I can't use OBS at all. Not even to get a log file. It may or may not be your software, but I need to uninstall it first to know. Perhaps not uninstalling the earlier version is the problem. I am using the latest version of your software and OBS on a Mac OS High Sierra. It might be a coincidence, because I remembered telling you that I figured out how to use it and liked it, but I want to troubleshoot. Thanks!
Update: It seems I can still launch 27.1.0 and it works fine in that, but I would like to be able to use the most recent version of OBS, so I still need to uninstall. Thanks.

norihiro

Hi Norihiro,
Can you please tell me how to uninstall Multi Source Effect so that I could troubleshoot. on is the problem. I am using the latest version of your software and OBS on a Mac OS High Sierra.
Usually, it is installed under "/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins". When installing by drag-and-drop, the plugin folder "obs-multisource-effect" was just copied.
Please go to the directory and remove a folder "obs-multisource-effect".

Usually, it is installed under "/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins". When installing by drag-and-drop, the plugin folder "obs-multisource-effect" was just copied.
Please go to the directory and remove a folder "obs-multisource-effect".
Thank You, but I was determined to fix OBS 27.1.3. so I tried it and it's working again. No idea why. I did a lot of troubleshooting and each time I did a Mac restart and it still crashed. I tried the older OBS and it worked, so I tried the current OBS and everything worked! I am really puzzled by this, but it's working so I am happy! Sorry to bother you. You did great on your software and are willing to support it by helping people in a timely manner. You ROCK! Thanks

norihiro

Multi Source Effect 0.1.7

This is a minor release of Multi Source Effect plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes in 0.1.7
  • Added a new property to set number of sources.
  • Added example effects
    • New effects; hard light, soft light, and overlay
    • Example effects with alpha blending
  • Implemented automatic reload of the effect file
    If the cache is disabled, the effect file will be automatically reloaded when timestamp of the file was updated.
    For users who don't develop...

norihiro

OBS Multi Source Effect 0.2.0

This is an experimental release of Multi Source Effect plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes in 0.2.0
  • Revised packages for OBS 28 on macOS.
  • Windows installer is removed.
If there is a problem, please consider using the previous version 0.1.7. There is no difference in the source code at all.

Limitations
  • No binary packages were tested. (The source code was tested on Fedora 34.)

norihiro

Multi Source Effect 0.2.1

This is an experimental release of Multi Source Effect plugin for OBS Studio.

Changes in 0.2.1
  • Linux: Fixed the plugin is not loaded by OBS Studio 28.
  • Linux: Fixed the source is not available on OBS Studio 27.
No changes for Windows and macOS users.
If there is a problem, please consider using the previous version 0.1.7. There is no difference in the source code at all.

Limitations
  • No binary packages were tested...