Multi person/station shared control

SteveCC

I am pretty new to OBS and this forum but want to figure out how to do something that may be a bit complicated. Please treat me as a newbie and go slow.
I am currently setup and doing live streaming using 3 PTZ cameras with OBS with one person controlling the 3 cameras. One person doing thee Panning, tilting and zooming and switching. We use the Advance Scene switcher a lot of the time but are going to do a performance soon and would like to separate out the switching function to a separate person. The 2 people could be sitting pretty close together.
So, one person doing the PTZ and another person doing manual scene switching.
I am looking for leads to figure out how to do this. Would appreciate any and all suggestions to set this up.
Please also let me know if this is not the best place to ask this question.
Thanks

SteveCC

Haven't gotten any leads yet but I've been thinking:
What if we had 2 computers, both running OBS and/or PTZ Control programs/Plugins.
Could both have access to the PTZ cameras?
Could one of them just do the PTZing - Pointing, Tilting, Zooming - and not scene switching.
While the 2nd computer would be able to see the already aimed PTZ's and do the scene switching to feed the stream?
Would that work?

SteveCC

125 Views and no responses.
If this is the wrong place to ask, I'd sure appreciate being pointed elsewhere.
Or even some help on better describing my issue?
Thanks

AaronD

Haven't gotten any leads yet but I've been thinking:
What if we had 2 computers, both running OBS and/or PTZ Control programs/Plugins.
Could both have access to the PTZ cameras?
Could one of them just do the PTZing - Pointing, Tilting, Zooming - and not scene switching.
While the 2nd computer would be able to see the already aimed PTZ's and do the scene switching to feed the stream?
Would that work?
Probably.

I run a stream with two PTZ's, a phone, and an HDMI split/capture from the audience projection PC. The PTZ's have a network feed that is independent from the control, but I actually use their SDI outputs instead, to feed a 4-channel SDI capture card on the OBS machine. (actually, the audience projector gets converted to SDI as well, for the long distance to stage, and goes into the SDI capture card alongside the cameras)

PTZ control is from an app that I ended up writing myself, to run on a Raspberry Pi touchscreen, because none of what I found really worked for what I wanted to do. It's VISCA over UDP, which is two separate easy layers to look up and learn. Or if you'd rather have a managed connection with guaranteed (eventual) delivery, instead of just throwing a message out there and hoping it arrives (usually does, but UDP has no mechanism to guarantee it), then you could use TCP instead of UDP. A little bit more involved that way, but still not much. I did TCP, and the user interface was still the hard part by far!

My OBS doesn't know anything about PTZ controls. It just takes the picture.