Multi-hotkey replay buffer

NuclearCats

I produce streams for a VALORANT league. Aside from the casters and observers, I am the only producer, responsible for (at the moment): controlling the overlay (map/series score, player-names & current character, round win transitions and round classification, and switching between segments like intermission, desk, in-game, etc.

I wish to incorporate replays into my stream package for between rounds to recap high impact moments in the previous round and, if possible, have a "match highlights" segment after each map or at the end of the series. Somewhat similar to what's possible using VMix.

I've seen a "replay source" plugin by exceldro, which I tried. But it uses too much resources for my usage, causing OBS to crash during a map. I also have tried the replay buffer, but for my uses, all I can reasonably do is either set a single X second replay (which is somewhat irrelevant unless some extremely high impact moment occured then that is worthy of 10 seconds worth of time) or creating a folder for each map or game, saving the replay buffer's saves to that for the match highlights. Sources like "media source" don't allow the usage of a directory, and VLC media source has to be refreshed or reloaded each time a file is added.

I'm looking for some kind of either player or modification to the replay buffer. Either a player than can automatically load new videos when new clips are added, and remember the previously played video to not play a video multiple times, or some kind of replay buffer modification where I can have a number of hotkeys for a number of replays of shorter length, which then can have unique saves like "replay 1", "replay 2", etc, which can be overwritten so when played by a VLC media source they don't need to be reloaded.

tl:dr - either a player that plays a number of videos sequentially, remembering the last played video, or some kind of replay-buffer mod that allows multiple recallable replays to make for multiple small clips that can be played sequentially later.

AaronD

I've seen a "replay source" plugin by exceldro, which I tried. But it uses too much resources for my usage, causing OBS to crash during a map.
If that does what you need, except for the out-of-resources crash, then I think the solution is to get some decent hardware to run it on. Not every modern machine will do this.

NuclearCats

If that does what you need, except for the out-of-resources crash, then I think the solution is to get some decent hardware to run it on. Not every modern machine will do this.
My system has a Ryzen 5 5600X, 32 GB of RAM, and a NVIDIA 3070 GPU. Was frankly extremely surprised that it was an issue so maybe there is some kind of streamlining or maybe my settings could've been optimized, but I'm not aware of anything.