Multi-Channel (device) Audio Mixer

MrNeonFrog

I would very much love to see an integrated multi-channel audio mixer that allows me to essentially cut out the middle man of needing Virtual Audio Cables or some other complicated setup just to have music separate from audio or from my skype audio. What I would like to see is something like 4 (minimum) channels just like the other in the settings menu under Audio you would now have Desktop audio device, microphone/auxiliary audio device, as well as two (or more) other auxiliary audio devices for what ever audio devices you have.

Now the reason for this is 1. I am a person who have a default device as well as a default communications device, and doing so allows me to do a lot of things some as simple as adjust volume independently as well as route them to separate channels for recording in Dxtory. I can have my audio go through certain effects and my friends audio from skype go through different effects so everyone sounds better in the recording. I would like to be able to do the same thing that Dxtory allows me to do in OBS so that I could do the same thing.

A few hours ago I tried to stream and thought I had everything perfect but I had forgotten to us VAC repeaters to get all the audio on the same line for OBS and an hour into the stream i found out that it didn't have audio. I know my fault but it would nice to be able to set up the channels in OBS and be done thats it, but as it is right now i have to constantly restart several audio repeaters and other software to have all the audio where it needs to be.

I know this may only be me trying to do complicated audio setups but ALL I want is my audio and my friends on separate channels from the game audio and the music. So they can each have their own volumes and effects as needed.

Please if anyone else whats something like this let it be known!
If anyone can make it happen either in the code or via plugin please do so I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
This is how it works in the OBS rewrite. You can have a much higher number of audio channels, and a slider for each one.

MrNeonFrog

Well than what is the OBS Rewrite and how/where do I get it?

EDIT:

I googled it found OBS Redux but as far as I cant find a download for Windows, is it only for mac? or is this not the right one.

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
For now it is Mac and Linux only. There is no build available for Windows yet, unless you want to download and build it yourself.

MrNeonFrog

well i wouldn't know where to start to build it myself, is there no plugin out there that would allow for multiple inputs? anyone else who actually COULD build a windows version of that version?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well the problem is the rewrite still doesn't have game capture and such. We're working to implement those things right now.