Question / Help Multi-cam switching with OBS?

Lance

My hardware/software - Cannon VIXIA HF R500, El Gato Game Capture HD60, OBS into Dell laptop streaming at 720/30fps.

Is there a way to have multi-cam switching with OBS? I stream my school's home games with OBS and YouTube Live Stream.

Thanks,

Lance

dping

My hardware/software - Cannon VIXIA HF R500, El Gato Game Capture HD60, OBS into Dell laptop streaming at 720/30fps.

Is there a way to have multi-cam switching with OBS? I stream my school's home games with OBS and YouTube Live Stream.

Thanks,

Lance
Make a scene for each cam. call each scene camera # then in each scene add in each camera via the video capture devices. you could even do a scene with a Picture in picture type view. with the main cam of each scene in full screen and a small window for the other cam then vice versa on the other scene.

lastly, make sure the elgato and the cams are each created under global sources or use OBS MP, which is a fresh new build of OBS from ground up.

Lance

My hardware/software - 2 Cannon VIXIA HF R500's, El Gato Game Capture HD and HD60, OBS into Dell laptop streaming 720/30fps via YouTube livestream

In OBS, I created 2 scenes for each camera but couldn't get a "picture in picture" view. Within my OBS settings/device - it seams to recognize one ElGato device at a time. I can switch from one scene to another but that's not what I want. Example - I want my main scene camera #1 full view and camera #2 re-sized in the corner of the main view.

Is there an OBS tutorial on how to create a "picture in picture view"?

Thanks,

Lance

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    228.6 KB · Views: 1,080

dping

My hardware/software - 2 Cannon VIXIA HF R500's, El Gato Game Capture HD and HD60, OBS into Dell laptop streaming 720/30fps via YouTube livestream

In OBS, I created 2 scenes for each camera but couldn't get a "picture in picture" view. Within my OBS settings/device - it seams to recognize one ElGato device at a time. I can switch from one scene to another but that's not what I want. Example - I want my main scene camera #1 full view and camera #2 re-sized in the corner of the main view.

Is there an OBS tutorial on how to create a "picture in picture view"?

Thanks,

Lance

make sure all sources are global sources prior to starting all of this.

top source is on top in overlay. the one below, press edit scene on the main screen of OBS and resize. the one you want as the smaller pic you want to make sure that that one is above in the scene window.

Also, close the elgato software prior to capturing. it will make it impossible for OBS to hook the cap card.

Lance

dping,

I was able to create CAM #1 and CAM #2 global sources but my CAM #2 live view isn't showing up. In the screenshot you'll see it's red. Elgato software is not running. I don't know what you mean by "Also, close the elgato software prior to capturing. it will make it impossible for OBS to hook the cap card.

-see screenshot

Thanks,

Lance

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 402

dping

dping,

I was able to create CAM #1 and CAM #2 global sources but my CAM #2 live view isn't showing up. In the screenshot you'll see it's red. Elgato software is not running. I don't know what you mean by "Also, close the elgato software prior to capturing. it will make it impossible for OBS to hook the cap card.

-see screenshot

Thanks,

Lance
The elgato software cannot be open when OBS is trying to capture the video feed from the elgato.

Post your OBS logfile from a test recording. the big thing is checking the settings of the webcams. I might have you try OBS Multiplatform...