Question / Help Mouse lag while streaming (polling rate seems to spike)

Vetoed

Hello,

I have an issue where the mouse I use (Steelseries Rival 300) seems to stutter for no valid reason when I stream PC games, in particular Destiny 2. I haven't experimented with a bunch of other games, but the issue doesn't occur if I don't have a game running. It's also intermittent, meaning it will be fine for a while, then all of a sudden I'll get some responsiveness spikes and the movements I do somewhat freeze up for a split second then happen all at once. Overall, mouse movement also feels a little jaggier.

I don't need to explain how frustrating it is while streaming an FPS. As a short term alternative, I can use a controller but it's not the same experience.

Things I've tried/extra information:
- I've tried using a different USB hub (I have two on this motherboard), the issue persists
- I've tried using a different mouse (Zowie FK2) and it persisted
- I run the game in Windowed Fullscreen and do a window capture in OBS
- This issue does not occur at all off stream. I don't have significant performance issues otherwise
- I've lowered the mouse polling rate from 1000 Hz to 500 Hz in the Steelseries app, didn't seem to change much

At this point I'm not too sure how to approach this situation, but I'll take whatever suggestions I can get. It's also a little hard to test because I need to be streaming and it seems to pick up after I've been going for a while.

I appreciate all help and ideas.

Log: https://gist.github.com/c3bc2b53fbdd67e0acd2121e50b3814a

roncli

Same issue here, I have a Steelseries Legendary WoW mouse. 250, 500, and 1000 are my options, none change anything.

Incidentally, the Twitch app has the same problem, and theirs is because their app uses an HTML interface and they're not throttling the mouse move event. I don't know if OBS has something like that, but throttling mouse move events tends to fix these kinds of issues.