Question / Help Mouse Cursor Click Indicator

Jerry Lodriguss

Hi, Newbie to OBS here, it seems great and I've got everything working to record some video screen captures.

Is there any way to get a mouse cursor click indicator in OBS?

For example, in Camtasia, when you click the mouse cursor a kind-of target is visible at the point of the mouse click that lasts for a short while.

This is helpful in creating video software tutorials so the viewer can see exactly what is clicked.

Thanks!

Jerry

Simes

You could install something that shows a click indicator on your screen and then OBS should be able to capture it.

KingWm

I am so far unable to get ANY of these programs to work. I have tried PointerFocus, Swordsoft Mousetract AND PenAttention and OBS fails to record them all. How can so many here say that they work when they do not? I am using Windows 7 and the latest version of OBS downloaded 4/17/20. Is there a setting that needs to be changed or something?

Sukiyucky

One simple way is to go to Windows Settings | Bluetooth & Other Devices | Mouse
Click the Additional mouse options link in the right hand column
Enable "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key"

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 873

miguel_lopez

One simple way is to go to Windows Settings | Bluetooth & Other Devices | Mouse
Click the Additional mouse options link in the right hand column
Enable "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key"
This solution does not show clicks indicators, that is what Jerry is asking for, not only highlight the cursor's position.

capegreg

If you're using Windows 10 this will help, ain't great though.

Install Mouse Highlight in Windows Store. (don't click on developer's link--it's bs)