More than one replay buffer for different recording lengths

cmd67082

This has been posted before here. But to expand on the idea...

I play games a lot and OBS is great at recording the last X amount of seconds you set as replay buffer length. Sometimes I only need say 15 seconds to capture something in game, sometimes 30 seconds. To play it safe, since there is only one replay buffer, I set it to the upper maximum I think i will realistically need so say 30 seconds. But then you are using up more space on HDD or SSD incase all I really needed was just a 10 or 15 second clip. Two different hotkeys for two different recording lengths solves not only the file space problem but also time.

And by time saving I mean, if I use 30 seconds, i can use ffmpeg or whatever video editing software to trim the video down. But that takes time processing the video. And not just time but possible re encoding quality issues in case there is issues with audio and video syncing.

So in short, two hotkeys for two different lengths of replay buffers makes it convenient to preserve original OBS mp4 quality of the replay. I save time not needing to trim any videos. Plus I save file space pressing the hotkey for the smaller replay length should i need it. Basically kill 3 birds in one stone.