More than one HDMI over IP sender in the same network?

Lawrence_SoCal

do you have any suggestion on higher end HDMI → RTSP converters,
Sorry, no
This thread was the first time I looked into such technology, and I have no experience with them.

I've just come across a number of no-name/low-cost devices (various technology) that have poorly written firmware and next to no support. In a volunteer situation like yours, stuff needs to be durable and just work (ideally for really cheap).. but cheap and good rarely go together, so my approach is to search for a good deal on quality, supported gear. ymmv

Then again, the HC-X2000 appears to a very nice camera (and with a quick look at manual) to have a built-in RTSP transmitter... unfortunately works over WiFi 2.4GhZ only... but at least capability built-in and supported. I have the idea of using WiFi (I haven't looked .. but a USB3 to Ethernet adapter would be such a better option.. but I digress) a PoE-powered 2.4GhZ only Access Point (AP)? might work at 25/30fps with AP security configured to ensure NOTHING else can use the connection (gets into whole WiFi beaconing/bandwidth issues with stupid user tricks (ie when people/companies configure their devices to auto-connect to any available AP, like bicycle computers riding by)... ideal setup might be something where you configure AP to use MAC filtering, etc to only allow cameras to connect, and ignore all else?
if you could get this instead, it appears the Panasonic AG-CX10 has built in ethernet.

Good Luck

eriklanden

I realize a solution might also be to add PoE accesspoints on some places around the track and let some of the staff use their phones with Droidcam for OBS, the only cost would be the AP since they are using their own phones, and a powerbank :) We will not be able to zoom, but panning and maybe also run beside the cyklist for some time (uphill).

I tried Droidcam OBS at home and it seems to work fine with low latency, any other apps that are better for streaming to OBS from Phone within the same network.

Lawrence_SoCal

I've heard of, but not researched/used Droidcam for OBS... my same caution mentioned previously applies - mixing video feed streaming protocols can be its own challenge (though reduced if absolutely no concern about video sync between cameras). IF existing cameras are RTSP and you plan to keep using those cameras, then first recommendation would be to stick to RTSP with any 'new' camera feeds. It appears Droidcam uses it owns OBS plugin, and I'm not quickly find network communication details. Beware need for Pro version to get higher res output (more than 480p?)
you may want to see if there is an App on both iOS and Android that can send RTSP video?

I mentioned WiFi (which I generally strongly recommend against, as almost no one does associated real-time monitoring) due to the built in camera support for WiFi streaming on the HC-X2000. And that Pro-level camera was desired, I presume based on earlier comment about wanting/needing a zoom lens.

eriklanden

So only 1,5 months to the event. We got hold of 3 Sony PMW-EX1R:s from a sponsor.

We are going to try to add these cameras to the network next weekend.
Bought one of these HDMI to RTSP encoder!
Was cheeper ones available, but since this one is sold by B&H Photo I thought that was some kind of guarantee that is not totally crap.

Will get back when we have tested it! Might do a youtube-review also :)

eriklanden

Also bought a BirdDog Flex 4K IN, more expensive and NDI, will return one of them but the BirdDog features is just so much better (on spec). Just to be able to power the device from PoE and a camera, also separate channel for communication with the operator, 4K makes it future proof also. I think we eventually will go all in on NDI. https://birddog.tv/flex-overview/

After testning multiple solutions for adding phones via WiFi NDI came out on top for best quality and ease of use.

jegadk

I realize a solution might also be to add PoE accesspoints on some places around the track and let some of the staff use their phones with Droidcam for OBS, the only cost would be the AP since they are using their own phones, and a powerbank :) We will not be able to zoom, but panning and maybe also run beside the cyklist for some time (uphill).

I tried Droidcam OBS at home and it seems to work fine with low latency, any other apps that are better for streaming to OBS from Phone within the same network.
I use https://vdo.ninja

Runs with extreme low latency and you can do a lot of things. Use it as goal camera in handball.

Regards Jesper
Denmark

jegadk

I use https://vdo.ninja

Runs with extreme low latency and you can do a lot of things. Use it as goal camera in handball.

Regards Jesper
Denmark

Runs with extreme low latency and you can do a lot of things. Using it as goal camera in handball with a phone on a tripod. Just buy an old phone and you are running. And if you want a camera man, the phone is a combined camera with monitor. You can zoom, but it's not easy and picture is not the best.
In vdo.ninja Create a room and share the link with people around the track, and you will have access to all the cameras. In the room all cameras is seen and you can get the link from 1 camera in room and use it in obs

Want to make an interview ? again just use the phone with a link to an interview channel.

An sample
A link like https://vdo.ninja/?push=eriklanden_interview1 can be opened on phone. Choose Share your camera, choose front/back camera, and any setting. the push name can be any name. But do it unique with an code, your name, or other id. My channels is LiveSport, and my link is ?push=LS_[uniqueID]_interview1

In OBS add browser with https://vdo.ninja/?view=eriklanden_interview1 and voila.

There are unimaginable possibilities.

ps: Only power to the phone is needed, to run a whole day. My phone runs out of power in less than 2 hours with live video

Regards Jesper
Denmark

eriklanden

Runs with extreme low latency and you can do a lot of things. Using it as goal camera in handball with a phone on a tripod. Just buy an old phone and you are running. And if you want a camera man, the phone is a combined camera with monitor. You can zoom, but it's not easy and picture is not the best.
In vdo.ninja Create a room and share the link with people around the track, and you will have access to all the cameras. In the room all cameras is seen and you can get the link from 1 camera in room and use it in obs

Want to make an interview ? again just use the phone with a link to an interview channel.

An sample
A link like https://vdo.ninja/?push=eriklanden_interview1 can be opened on phone. Choose Share your camera, choose front/back camera, and any setting. the push name can be any name. But do it unique with an code, your name, or other id. My channels is LiveSport, and my link is ?push=LS_[uniqueID]_interview1

In OBS add browser with https://vdo.ninja/?view=eriklanden_interview1 and voila.

There are unimaginable possibilities.

ps: Only power to the phone is needed, to run a whole day. My phone runs out of power in less than 2 hours with live video

Regards Jesper
Denmark
I have tried this and find it a bit fiddly for the end user. The NDI solutions that runs locally do not need a internet connection and has a giant button in the bottom of the app screen. Just press it and you are live. Just easier for the person operating the phone, if the phone for some reason lock the screen the user just starts the app again and up n running in like a second. If something goes wrong with VDO Ninja my guess is that I need to go out to that user on the track help them.

I think it is a great product, but since we run everything locally (only the OBS computer that access the internet) a app solution is just easier. Less stuff that can go wrong.