more options for ffmpeg recording

pkv

Developer
i've only tested with unicast, not multicast. Not sure i understand the ts decoding issue with vlc.

pkv

Developer
use the ip of your target pc and any port; in my case i've used it only on same pc so used 127.0.0.1 or on the wan, where i've used the public ip of my server

ICAN

Hello pkv.
I have an issue where you could possibly help:
I am able to multicast using custom ffmpeg, but then not able to also record at the same time. Is there a way that we can stream to a path as well as record

pkv

Developer
Hello pkv.
I have an issue where you could possibly help:
I am able to multicast using custom ffmpeg, but then not able to also record at the same time. Is there a way that we can stream to a path as well as record
not with current obs.
I have some code which adds outputs and allows that but I haven't released it and I have no plan to do so (needs debugging and polishing and I have no time for that).
It is planned in Obs to enable multiple streaming/recording outputs. But won't be any soon. I'd say it'll be in one year minimum, not earlier.

Vladimir Sobolev

So, any options to add -vf params to recording params for ffmpeg? I want to rotate recorded video for example (rebroadcast it to rtmp in portrait mode)

pkv

Developer
So, any options to add -vf params to recording params for ffmpeg? I want to rotate recorded video for example (rebroadcast it to rtmp in portrait mode)
no, avfilter library is not used in obs.
You'll have to rotate on your own, for instance with an ffmpeg instance in between obs and your ingest server.

Barabba

I have the same problem, it writes the file correctly but with the same parameters it dowsn't stream video, only audio. I've tried also default mp2 encoders, same result, doesn't stream video

Vladimir Sobolev

no, avfilter library is not used in obs.
You'll have to rotate on your own, for instance with an ffmpeg instance in between obs and your ingest server.
Can you please add avfilter library and maybe font/text library to future ffmpeg compile instructions for OBS releases? Its will be very useful to expose these settings to custom FFMPEG output.

pkv

Developer
no it's not a simple as just compiling avfilter library. There's some code work to do in UI and backend. I doubt it'll be done. You'll have to do it yourself or hire a dev to do it (won't be cheap).

Stas Fomin

On version 26.1.2 I still cannot add «filter_complex» to «Advanced FFmpeg Recording»
I tried to add « -filter_complex "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4" » to «Video Encoder Settings» but get «Failed to set "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4"» in logs.

So is it possible now (2021-07) to somehow add « -filter_complex "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4" » to processing output?

pkv

Developer
On version 26.1.2 I still cannot add «filter_complex» to «Advanced FFmpeg Recording»
I tried to add « -filter_complex "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4" » to «Video Encoder Settings» but get «Failed to set "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4"» in logs.

So is it possible now (2021-07) to somehow add « -filter_complex "setpts=PTS/1.4;atempo=1.4" » to processing output?
Nope, it's not possible indeed.
I doubt this will be implemented. Obs does not use ffmpeg per se but relies on the ffmpeg libraries avcodec.lib, abformat.lib, swresample.lib etc So don't expect ffmpeg cli syntax and caps to carry over to obs. It'd be a bit too much work.
Note that ffmpeg audio filters have been ported as a plugin though.