More Of A Question/Feedback About 3 Audio Sources

Hey OBS guys and OBS users,

I saw the other say regarding that a revamp ver of OBS will be having 3 audio sources. I might be wrong though. My thoughts are that this would be amazing and would the channels be able to be used like

Mic Audio
Desktop Audio
Capture Device Audio

This would solve alot of my issues with a ElGato furthermore, would these audio sources have independent delay settings? With my ElGato, I need to set a 1600ms delay to my Webcam and mic but this also can cause my desktop sound to be become desynced when trying to get everything synced.

I would love to be able to control the audios separately from each and just want to see if this planned? Any info or links so I can read up on would be wicked.

Vaughn

paibox

heros in an halfshel
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "three audio sources"? Furthermore, the capture device audio would be over DirectShow, so that's not a standard audio device, unless the capture card itself provides one that Windows itself can use a as a standard audio device.

There is technically no limit to the amount of audio sources you can have for a scene in the rewrite, by default (in the settings), you can choose two desktop audio (playback) devices and three mic/aux devices, but it is in no way limited to this. You can also add these audio devices as separate sources to a scene, so if you only want a certain sound device on some scenes, you can add it like that instead of statically selecting it in the settings.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "three audio sources"? Furthermore, the capture device audio would be over DirectShow, so that's not a standard audio device, unless the capture card itself provides one that Windows itself can use a as a standard audio device.

There is technically no limit to the amount of audio sources you can have for a scene in the rewrite, by default (in the settings), you can choose two desktop audio (playback) devices and three mic/aux devices, but it is in no way limited to this. You can also add these audio devices as separate sources to a scene, so if you only want a certain sound device on some scenes, you can add it like that instead of statically selecting it in the settings.
currently you can have your mic and your desktop audio. My thought is why not have a 3rd for devices so you can better control it.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
What are you talking about? :|
There are already FIVE devices in the OBS rewrite, TWO playback and THREE mic/aux. Do you need to capture three playback devices? Then add it to the scene where you need it, or get a less needlessly complicated setup.

If you are talking about regular OBS, why not? Because the audio mixing code is a mess, and no one so far has felt like doing it.

I was just looking for info regarding something that I thought would be a easy way. A independent audio source for capture devices on the main window instead of going into the properties every time. Don't have to be rude about it sir lol, just looking for info and input. I have not been keeping up to date with the rewrite. So I guess after all of that, thank you for the info.

Last edited:

paibox

heros in an halfshel
If you think I was being rude about it, I have even less of an idea what you're talking about. You just weren't making sense with your second reply, when you seemingly ignored everything I said.