Monitoring the Audio I'm sending to Zoom

billygriffinjr

Hello!

I'm using OBS to share content from two cameras (my MacBook Pro built-in webcam, and an iPhone) as well as some prerecorded video and sound into a Zoom webinar as part of a solo performance piece.

I'm using a Virtual Cable (VB Cable) to connect OBS and Zoom, and the audience is able to hear live me on the mic (Scarlett Solo USB), as well as the audio from the prerecords. I would like to be able to hear the prerecord audio in my Airpods and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I'm attaching three screenshots: 1 is my Audio settings in OBS, 2 is the Advanced Audio Settings for a scene that includes prerecorded material and 3 my Zoom Audio settings.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1 - OBS Audio Settings.png
    1 - OBS Audio Settings.png
    78 KB · Views: 16
  • 2 - OBS Advanced Audio.png
    2 - OBS Advanced Audio.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3 - Zoom Audio Settings.png
    3 - Zoom Audio Settings.png
    652.3 KB · Views: 16
Since Monitoring is already used to send audio to Zoom, then you would need to use other means to hear the audio. So far I know three ways to do this.
1. Connect to Zoom via another device so that you can "hear" the full output.
2. Create a Multi Output device that consist of your airpods and whatever virtual sound card you use and choose that as the output of your video player. I am assuming that you can already hear the output of your Mic.
3. Use OBS Plugins Audio Monitor (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/audio-monitor.1186/). Using this plugins you can create multiple monitor on each of your input channel.

billygriffinjr

Since Monitoring is already used to send audio to Zoom, then you would need to use other means to hear the audio. So far I know three ways to do this.
1. Connect to Zoom via another device so that you can "hear" the full output.
2. Create a Multi Output device that consist of your airpods and whatever virtual sound card you use and choose that as the output of your video player. I am assuming that you can already hear the output of your Mic.
3. Use OBS Plugins Audio Monitor (https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/audio-monitor.1186/). Using this plugins you can create multiple monitor on each of your input channel.

This is great - thank you so much. Connecting on another device seems like the simplest solution, but I'll also take a look at this Audio Monitor. Really appreciate this -- thanks!