Bug Report Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A336e) and audio not working

jeroenvip

Heya,

For some reason OBS is not picking up any input device for sound devices. ( microphone / build in output ). I completely removed OBS and had a fresh installation ( see screenshot ). Any idea what else can be done.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)
2,8 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-07-26 at 13.10.09.png
    Screenshot 2018-07-26 at 13.10.09.png
    845.7 KB · Views: 355

Narcogen

Downgrade. The community using OBS on MacOS is much smaller than on Windows, and often the OBS devs are working with limited availability of actual Mac hardware. I would not be surprised if any work relating to Mojave would be done before the OS is actually released, and anyone using Mac hardware for mission critical streaming would probably wait to upgrade anyway. I'm still on Sierra myself because of unresolved issues with High Sierra. (Not OBS issues, issues in general.)

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Ah. From a quick search, as far as I can tell, Mojave requires a applications to have special permissions for mic access as a security feature. This is very similar to what Microsoft just did with their Windows 10 1803 update. We may be able to facilitate this with a code addition to OBS (I still have to research this), but it seems users can explicitly give an application permission. I'm not sure that it's possible for us to bypass the need to acquire user-permission.

Mojave is supposed to just ask you to allow OBS to use the microphone and camera on app start if the microphone is enabled in OBS when it starts up. If it doesn't, you can try to run OBS from the commandline. If that doesn't provide a prompt, check your System Preferences app under "Security & Privacy" or "Privacy" and see if there's a way to manually add OBS. I don't use a Mac, so all I can do is provide guidance from searches.

Ah. From a quick search, as far as I can tell, Mojave requires a applications to have special permissions for mic access as a security feature. This is very similar to what Microsoft just did with their Windows 10 1803 update. We may be able to facilitate this with a code addition to OBS (I still have to research this), but it seems users can explicitly give an application permission. I'm not sure that it's possible for us to bypass the need to acquire user-permission.

Mojave is supposed to just ask you to allow OBS to use the microphone and camera on app start if the microphone is enabled in OBS when it starts up. If it doesn't, you can try to run OBS from the commandline. If that doesn't provide a prompt, check your System Preferences app under "Security & Privacy" or "Privacy" and see if there's a way to manually add OBS. I don't use a Mac, so all I can do is provide guidance from searches.

I tried running it from command line and then it asks me for the mic access, it works!

What I ran in command line:
Bash:
/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS; exit

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
To be clear, in the next release of OBS, Mojave should prompt you to allow OBS to have microphone and camera access when you start OBS normally. It will not automatically have those permissions.

For now, you should be able to trigger the privacy/security prompt by running OBS from the commandline once.

To be clear, in the next release of OBS, Mojave should prompt you to allow OBS to have microphone and camera access when you start OBS normally. It will not automatically have those permissions.

For now, you should be able to trigger the privacy/security prompt by running OBS from the commandline once.

In fact, you should always launch OBS from command line before the next release.
The reason is when you launch it from the terminal, the terminal asks for the access instead of OBS. As a result, OBS still doesn't have the access, it's just accessing the mic and camera through the terminal.

Eli7331

this is the only known fix, after searching for 5 hours i found you guys thanks for the help bois now i can continue my re5 speedruns