Mix two virtual mono inputs to stereo? Flip Left channel to Right maybe? Using VB-Matrix.

XOki-0i9

I'm connecting my DAW to OBS with VB-MAtrix. Both L/R DAW channels are treated by Matrix as mono outs, and I'm able to send them as two mono channels to OBS without an issue. Goal is to have stereo field in OBS same as in DAW (panning).

From here I've tried two things:
  1. Setting up 2 mono channels in OBS (Left, Right) allows me to properly pan DAW output to both mono channels (which I'm calling left and right) so if I pan Left in DAW, one output in OBS stays the same and the other one goes silent, and similar if I pan right. But since these are both mono channels, when recording there is no panning because even with one channel silent, the other channel will still be, well, mono. Pretty obvious once it clicked.
  2. Setting 2 stereo channels looks promising because I could have one mono in the L of Stereo Output 1, and the other on R of Stereo Output 2. Problem here is both mono inputs are routed automatically to L as you can see in the picture. Panning in advanced options Left and Right does not work, because that panning function assumes you have a stereo in, and since I have mono there is nothing to pan R.
I'm looking for a way to map one of the mono inputs to R channel on stereo, or find a way of flipping L --> R in second output. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

1711749717538.png

1711749772370.png

Suslik V

Many moons ago, it was possible to apply special "rematrix" filter to audio source of OBS. With this filter you was able to swap/mute/copy channels of one source. The filter itself can be installed via the plugin: