Missing v4l2sink in OBS-Studio after update to 25.08-pm152.3.1 on opensuse Leap 15.2

wolfgamg

After doing a proposed update for OBS-Studio, v4l2sink is no longer available. Because i need that, is there a solution available?
Thanks for help
Wolfgang

Tuna

If that package is from SuSe's package manager this is something to ask SuSe support. The only supported binary distribution on Linux from OBS is the Ubuntu PPA.

jmb

Have seen same here.
Problem is that v4l2sink.so is put to /usr/lib/obs-plugins/ where it is not found. Simple fix: link it to /usr/lib64/obs-plugins/ then it shows up again...

JohnDee

Happening in Ubuntu as well. This is a major fail. I've been using OBS for a few months, and I've decided to stop updating, because it's broken every time I have.

Harold

Happening in Ubuntu as well. This is a major fail. I've been using OBS for a few months, and I've decided to stop updating, because it's broken every time I have.
Are you using the official ppa or are you using the snap install?

JohnDee

Are you using the official ppa or are you using the snap install?
snap... but that doesn't make any sense. I thought snap is the official installer for Ubuntu now. So is the situation that... the official installer for OBS for Ubuntu, is not the official Ubuntu installer from the company that makes Ubuntu? I installed OBS through the "Ubuntu Software Installer" GUI that come preloaded with Ubuntu 20. I guess that's not the official installer for Ubuntu. Sigh.