Question / Help Missing AMD Encoder after downgrading driver

Phunyun

This is with an AMD R9 2xx Series GPU on x64 W10.

I recently downgraded my driver to 17.7.1 since the latest severely affected my performance both in-game and recording; I was staying on 17.7.1 for a while before because Overwatch was crashing until a later release, as documented here. 17.12.1 fixed this issue as well as the later Adrenaline release, but I had a performance hit when playing and recording with each of them so I reverted back down to 17.7.1 with DDU.

After reverting, the AMD hardware encoder no longer shows up as an option, only x264. Looking at the log (linked in full below), lines 46-47 say "[AMF] <obs_module_load> AMF not supported (no AMD graphics)" and "Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'" respectively. Doing a full clean uninstall/install of OBS changes nothing either.

All googling and searching around has lead me to is "install latest drivers", except I can't record on the latest one nor play at full framerate like I used to, plus this and earlier drivers worked fine with OBS as well.

This is also with the latest release of OBS at time of writing, 21.0.1.

Thanks for any help I can get!

Log (see lines 46-47): https://gist.github.com/anonymous/e92910d33cad703c95ddf07c6adc3fac